Parking this weekend?

pjj365

Diafol is right

The match night experience is no longer what it was.

Arriving 45-30 mins before doors open just to park is OK at the moment but not fun. It will be worse when the weather turns and it will not be as comfortable to hang around outside and chat to friends. When the weather changes I guess we will just sit in the car

As to leaving early well ........ Maybe those early leavers are not disloyal or non supportive. Maybe they just want to get out of the car park in under 30 mins. I am not hanging around for the end of presentations like I used to and I regret this. Extended games just compound this

For example last Saturday I left home at 515 and got home at 1020 (I stayed to support the team as they left the ice but as I say I don't always do this these days) and I live a 5 min drive away Unfortunately the 30 min walk is regrettably not feasible

I have to agree that the "Saturday" match night experience is now becoming a pain in the arse!! which the parking is entirely the cause.

On Saturday we left the house at 4 pm (for a 7 pm face-off?) thinking we would get down to the rink early have a walk around the marina, catch something to eat and have a leisurely walk in to get our seats in comfortable time for the start of the game. (we live 20 mins away from the rink) - When the weather turns, this won't be such an attractive option.

This now appears to be the norm for lots of other Devils fans who are doing the same thing. We actually struggled to get a space at this time also. There were lots of Devils fans sitting in cars - some having picnics, with not many spaces left and also the place where we ate at was also full of Devils fans -(adding a further financial premium/burden for match night costs) We also have no choice now but to leave towards the end of game early - and yes we get looks of disgust from some fans as we are not staying (like we used to) to salute the teams performance and accept that they don't know the reasons why people have to leave early - such as picking up kids from other activities in town or work etc.

The last time we stayed to the end of the game, we were delayed like many others for over an hour trying to get out of the car park due to the way people had parked in non-existent spaces. We got home at 10.45pm - On this basis, it is becoming potentially almost 7 hours out of the house for a game of hockey on home ice? - it might be quicker going to away games instead.

We are seriously considering not renewing season tickets for next season (if the parking situation cannot be resolved) We will just get tickets for Sunday games and will be watching Saturdays on webcasts from home.

I feel desperately sorry for Todd and his team who do everything they can to make the match night experience as brilliant as they can, but until the council can come up with a resolution some fans will have little choice but to consider their options.

14 pages on parking, get a grip folks.. there are people starving in the world, get there earlier it's no problem.
There are 14 pages (now 15) because the logistics of parking is a huge consideration for the club and many of its fans. It doesn’t help to try to equate this issue with world hunger issues just to emphasise your point.
And telling people just to get there earlier shows a lack of empathy with people who for one reason or another cannot get there earlier.
I seem to remember you yourself objected vehemently when the club announced it may trial 4pm face offs on Sundays saying you couldn’t get there earlier because of commitments .
Stones and glass houses spring to mind!

James

Administrator
This has been one of the main issues raised to the fan council. Its a real problem and will continue to be so in the short term at least. I believe the Devils have spoken to TRU on a number of occasions about using their carpark and they simply wont allow it. The far end of the carpark is owned by the council not TRU but I _think_ its TRU who have the rights to bollard the entrance making it a non starter. From what I've seen the Devils are trying very hard to solve the issue, there is supposed to be a new carparking area opening up past the white water rafting center at some point but I've no idea on the timescales. (Hopefully before the snowdome o_O)

Today l passed the IAW, noticed the TRU car park at the far end has film location lorry’s, caravans etc etc taking up a fair chunk of space.
Maybe Todd could arrange use of the Sophia Gardens car park, buy a boat, ideally a boat that looks like a Devil and we could park and sail down the Taff with “We will rock you” blasting on the PA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

Today l passed the IAW, noticed the TRU car park at the far end has film location lorry’s, caravans etc etc taking up a fair chunk of space.
Maybe Todd could arrange use of the Sophia Gardens car park, buy a boat, ideally a boat that looks like a Devil and we could park and sail down the Taff with “We will rock you” blasting on the PA.

Love it I'll even drive up from the Bay to do this

Wannabe2

TRU has been a site location for BBC production Casualty for a long time now the Beeb pay good money for those facilities.And have all night on site security.

TRU has been a site location for BBC production Casualty for a long time now the Beeb pay good money for those facilities.And have all night on site security.
Money tends to cause & also solve a lot of issues. Maybe the fan council could be told how much TRU wants for use of the car park. I’m sure it’s getting to a point some fans maybe willing to pay for a dedicated parking spot in the TRU, l certainly would.

Wannabe2

Money tends to cause & also solve a lot of issues. Maybe the fan council could be told how much TRU wants for use of the car park. I’m sure it’s getting to a point some fans maybe willing to pay for a dedicated parking spot in the TRU, l certainly would.

What about security, think TRU are going to say, will the last person out lock the gates.