Parking this weekend?

matbur

Parking is a pain in the arse and it feels like an afterthought just like everything else in the IAW (not that that's the Devils' fault). We don't know what the Devils have tried to negotiate etc to resolve the parking issues but I'd be confident that they'd looking into it thoroughly. We travel up from Swansea and have had to park on pavements (not blocking anyone in) which isn't ideal obviously and am going to try another place down the road which someone recommended on here a week or so back, the problem lies with planning though - a 3,000 arena without adequate transport links/parking for the area it's in. I'm not condoning blocking access etc but traffic wardens ticketing everyone is not the solution here.

As far as the fan council goes, I don't wish to criticise but I don't actually see what it actually achieves. I'm still waiting to see minutes posted up of the original meeting etc and the follow up in which the IAW managers didn't engage. From the outside it seems a bit of a box ticking exercise sorry.

The bottom line here is that the 'matchday experience' has declined a fair bit this season. People can say you're coming for the hockey which is true to an extent but when you spent around £1,500 per season supporting the club with tickets and incentives etc you expect a bit more back in terms of facilities regardless whether it's the Devils or IAW who're ultimately responsible. I mean you can't even sit in our season ticket seats without the plastic bending over unless you sit dead central and balance!! Sorry this has turned into a rant but I love the Devils and am passionate about hockey, and the current situation regarding parking just typifies what it's like attending the IAW.

Last edited:
The situation requires council intervention with a significant investment. With council budgets being squeezed further, that intervention and investment is unlikely to be forthcoming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hedd Wyn John

Parking is a pain in the arse and it feels like an afterthought just like everything else in the IAW (not that that's the Devils' fault). We don't know what the Devils have tried to negotiate etc to resolve the parking issues but I'd be confident that they'd looking into it thoroughly. We travel up from Swansea and have had to park on pavements (not blocking anyone in) which isn't ideal obviously and am going to try another place down the road which someone recommended on here a week or so back, the problem lies with planning though - a 3,000 arena without adequate transport links/parking for the area it's in. I'm not condoning blocking access etc but traffic wardens ticketing everyone is not the solution here.

As far as the fan council goes, I don't wish to criticise but I don't actually see what it actually achieves. I'm still waiting to see minutes posted up of the original meeting etc and the follow up in which the IAW managers didn't engage. From the outside it seems a bit of a box ticking exercise sorry.

The bottom line here is that the 'matchday experience' has declined a fair bit this season. People can say you're coming for the hockey which is true to an extent but when you spent around £1,500 per season supporting the club with tickets and incentives etc you expect a bit more back in terms of facilities regardless whether it's the Devils or IAW who're ultimately responsible. I mean you can't even sit in our season ticket seats without the plastic bending over unless you sit dead central and balance!! Sorry this has turned into a rant but I love the Devils and am passionate about hockey, and the current situation regarding parking just typifies what it's like attending the IAW.
When you say match day experience has declined can you go into details? I'm a new Devils fan so don't have anything to compare with, except as an Ospreys rugby supporter. Yes the seats in the IAW are crap compared to Liberty stadium or Principality stadium but that's about it.

Important update re parking for tomorrow's game can be found on the link below:
http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/parking-update-saturday-nights-game/
I would encourage as many fans to use this option as the parking facility is secure, well lit and with clearly marked spaces which ultimately should relieve a lot of the congestion issues when departing IAW. Plus it's a 7 minute walk!

Katrina

Earnie

Well done Devils org for securing this space for 200 cars.
And ,tongue in cheek, thanks to the Council for the co-operation!
It will help a lot. Just think of the prices they are paying in Sheffield!

ASHIPP

Sheffield are indeed paying a huge price, not through parking though, but being knocked down from number 1, to number 2/3 due to us guys.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS
New season now - technically Storm are number 1.....at least just for the moment! ;-)

Great work by the Club getting this additional arrangement in place for parking tomorrow.

Wannabe2

Yep good job guys, as always our club considers our welfare, totally professional to the end. It's a great time to be a Devils fan.
Best Club in the Land
Best owners on the planet
Best Atmosphere in the UK
Best team in the league
Best fans on the planet
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

If the trial is successful, which I’m sure it will be, it’ll help to reduce a situation that should never have happened, l hope this will lead to further options to totally eliminate the parking situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

osh

Won't have to worry too much about where to park if we continue to perform like we did tonight and other home games this season. Some of our players would be better off acting as car park stewards and and taking the £3 fee teacher than disguising themselves as Cardiff Devils players on the ice. Shocking performance as a whole and any 3 from 5 could be gassed in my opinion.

So this weekend the City of Cardiff Swimming Club have their club championship, they will be there from early on Saturday morning, they will fill the pool car park, and other parking areas close by, just a heads up to plan ahead.

davew

Chaos with pool users parked every where. They have even blocked up access to the bbt site. Good luck finding a spot today.