Paul Morans season over

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Taken from sporthull:
EXCEL Hull Stingrays Paul Moran is "gutted" a shoulder injury has brought an early end to his season.

The 25-year-old defenceman needs surgery to cure a problem which has plagued him all campaign.

Moran has called it a day after being advised he potentially risked permanent damage, if he continued playing without an operation.

"I'm pretty miserable right now" said the gutsy blueliner.

"My shoulder is in its socket, but not in strongly and by continuing to play I was risking doing more damage.

"It's terrible really, I've been really enjoying playing in Hull and I felt I'd been doing quite well."

Moran had shoulder surgery last year while playing for Belfast, but appeared fully recovered.

He signed close-season for Stingrays, but dislocated his shoulder on his debut in September after a punch-up with Sheffield's bad-boy Andrew Sharp.

He returned to action, but his shoulder 'popped out' against Basingstoke at the beginning of last month.

Incredibly, Moran put his shoulder back in and continued playing, helping Stingrays to a 5-1 win.

On Saturday against Sheffield he fell awkwardly and his shoulder dislocated again and this time Moran had to be taken to hospital.

A subsequent visit to his consultant revealed the bad news.

Apart from his shoulder injury, Moran also carried on playing at one stage while nursing a chipped knee bone.

Stingrays' team owner Sue Pack praised the former GB international for his sheer tenacity.

"Paul has bled the whole 10 pints of blood for us" said Pack.

"But given the seriousness of his injury he can't play on.

"As a coach, Rick Strachan doesn't want to watch Paul go through that one more time, no matter how brave he is."

Moran's season-ending injury has left Stingrays with just two fit defencemen - with Troy Neumeier (tendon) and Stuart Kerr (knee) also possibly struggling to play again before the end of the campaign.

Neumeier could start skating later this month, while Kerr is waiting for an MRI scan.

Stingrays are looking for a defensive recruit before Saturday's clash in Coventry and Sunday's home battle with Newcastle.

oneill
Fight Guru

:

Items
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:43 pm Post subject: