Paul Ragan no longer Owner of the Steelers?

TheStub

Cardiff Devils tweeted "as rumored" there will be a release at 7.00am tomorrow. ( or is that today now)

So 7am simultaneously announce the sale of Sheffield. 7.05am Sheffield either announce the new owner or, more likely, the signing of Lee Esders.

Simmsey has never rated Esders, so will try and push that signing under the carpet.

Sounds like a serious possibility, and hopefully will mean CH jersey's again :D
They are the best quality jersey's in UK IMO and I wouldn't think twice about buying one even if i don't go to many games lol

Ocko

Eskarin said:
They are the best quality jersey's in UK IMO and I wouldn't think twice about buying one even if i don't go to many games lol
I would prefer to see the Devils wear bin bags rather than Mike Hicks make a profit out of Devils fans.

James

Administrator
Ocko said:
Eskarin said:
I would prefer to see the Devils wear bin bags rather than Mike Hicks make a profit out of Devils fans.
Are you aware of the amount of support CH give to teams? Ok so I doubt it's 100% philanthropic but Steelers (for example) wouldn't have been able to start the season last year if it wasn't for CH. I'm there with the best of them shouting at Hicksy when he makes a unfathomable call, but try and separate the two :)

DevilDom

Gingers Husband said:
Ocko said:
I would imagine that C.H. are one of rinkcorps creditors, is that better for you?
I would hope they would be one of the creditors that were settled before RinkCorp went into liquidation.

James said:
Ocko said:
Eskarin said:
Are you aware of the amount of support CH give to teams? Ok so I doubt it's 100% philanthropic but Steelers (for example) wouldn't have been able to start the season last year if it wasn't for CH. I'm there with the best of them shouting at Hicksy when he makes a unfathomable call, but try and separate the two :)
I would hate to see any business go under due to outstanding debts and I agree the shirt quality is much better. However, I must state that any hockey stuff I buy for my kids is usually from Proline as the service (and usually the costs) is much better than you get from CH down the BBT. The odd smile or thank you would have helped instead of making us feel like we were an inconvenience! Handy for stick and sock tape though...if they are open!

dave

James said:
Ocko said:
Eskarin said:

Also do not forget that over the last few decades all the off ice officials are from the CH family. The amount they do and have for the club and the sport is huge..

Ocko said:
Eskarin said:
To be fair, CH Sports do produce quality shirts and beyond the shop in the rink, help keep teams alive, with credit they probably could never get anywhere else. The shop at the BBT is a bit of a white elephant and people's comments about the lack of service, or even a smile, well these are the basic things in retail and possibly why not many of us ever bought that much equipment there!? But this isn't a reason to character assinate Hicksy. The fella has been a good servant to hockey in this City.

Kipper

You guys have no idea just how much support CH Sports give to the Devils either publically or behind the scenes. Try asking the players or G what they think of CH Sports. If it wasn't for the support that CH Sports gives to G and the players,they would spend half the season without equipment to play the game.They don't shout and make a fuss about it but do it behind the scenes.I would imagine that CH are also significant creditors of Rink Corp for previous services rendered.

Just because Hicksy makes some "dodgy" decisions and is a partner it blinkers some people's view of the company. It is not just Hicksy. It is Corky as well and they do a massive amount for the club.Show Corky some politeness and a have a decent manner and he will give you great advice and service in return. On numerous occasions I have witnessed Corky turn down expensive sales because a potential customer is considering buying equipment that is unsuitable for them.He looks to give people the best advice in tems of their equipment needs even if it costs him sales value.

He is direct and to the point and some people can't handle that.For example, if someone bought a pair of skates on the internet or in Proline and then came to Corky and ask if they could use his oven to bake them,he would probably tell them to take a hike.I don't blame him for that.

Treat CH Sports with courtesy and you will get that back in spades.

Wannabe2

Kipper said:
You guys have no idea just how much support CH Sports give to the Devils either publically or behind the scenes. Try asking the players or G what they think of CH Sports. If it wasn't for the support that CH Sports gives to G and the players,they would spend half the season without equipment to play the game.They don't shout and make a fuss about it but do it behind the scenes.I would imagine that CH are also significant creditors of Rink Corp for previous services rendered.

Just because Hicksy makes some "dodgy" decisions and is a partner it blinkers some people's view of the company. It is not just Hicksy. It is Corky as well and they do a massive amount for the club.Show Corky some politeness and a have a decent manner and he will give you great advice and service in return. On numerous occasions I have witnessed Corky turn down expensive sales because a potential customer is considering buying equipment that is unsuitable for them.He looks to give people the best advice in tems of their equipment needs even if it costs him sales value.

He is direct and to the point and some people can't handle that.For example, if someone bought a pair of skates on the internet or in Proline and then came to Corky and ask if they could use his oven to bake them,he would probably tell them to take a hike.I don't blame him for that.

Treat CH Sports with courtesy and you will get that back in spades.
Spot on Kip, CH Sports do tons for the benefit of the Devils, they just dont shout about it from the rooftops, when i organised the appreciation night for the players 22 game winning run, who were the first people to jump in to help massively, no other than CH Sports, believe me these people help big time.

:lol:

yet again we are debating "negativity" on the forums, the exact thing the club doesn't want, well none against them anyways. If they hadn't started all of this anti referee and anti CH sports rhetoric about 18 months ago, they would have an awful lot more friends and support now, when they need it.

I may appear to be coming across anti club, but not at all, merely anti the attitude that they have dished out over the past tenure. I really hope to the hockey gods in the skies that they have learned from the past couple of months

A golden rule in business is never upset your suppliers, no matter who they are.

wildthing74

Dickie Dunn said:
:lol:

yet again we are debating "negativity" on the forums, the exact thing the club doesn't want, well none against them anyways. If they hadn't started all of this anti referee and anti CH sports rhetoric about 18 months ago, they would have an awful lot more friends and support now, when they need it.

I may appear to be coming across anti club, but not at all, merely anti the attitude that they have dished out over the past tenure. I really hope to the hockey gods in the skies that they have learned from the past couple of months

A golden rule in business is never upset your suppliers, no matter who they are.
Good post.I think PR was being a bid naieve when it comes to the merchandise/shirts etc.No doubt he probably went down the Rhino route thinking cheaper quality,cheaper costs and more profit.We have seen what everybody thinks about their merchandise so hopefully bridges can be rebuilt with Corky and co cos we need them massively.I would notbe buying anymore Rhino shirts(those who know me know I have a few shirts :lol:)
They did not deserve the way that they were cut off by the club in the first place.I wouldn't blame them if they told the club to stuff it and stuck with the other teams that use them as Nottingham gives them massive business.

I've been playing hokcye for about a year and a half, and in fairness to Corky, he helped out a mate of mine loads with selecting his pads (my mates very scared of any pain :lol:). Made sure he didnt spend a fortune on the "best possible" pads and helped him around his fear of the contact (I know it's strange he wanted to play hockey when he's afraid of contact sports, but meh). On top of that when I replaced my cage with a visor at the start of the year he wouldn't let me buy a particular one he had in the shop because he wanted Nike to take them back because he wasn't happy about the quality, told me he'd have something better by the week after; which he did and it was £30 cheaper.
For everything that hicksy maybe as a ref (and in fairness not many ref's aren't poor in this league) CH sport is a great supporter of hockey at all levels in Cardiff and the UK.

With regards to Pro-Line I disagree that they are cheaper (though that's dependent on what your buying), but I always feel like i'm being hassled by the older guy who works there into buying something, even though I literally only go in there when I want something that CH doesn't have or when I'm in the city centre and it's more convenient. Personally that's poor customer service in my opinion, it's different if you ask for help, but I rarely do because I only go there knowing what I plan to buy!

:oops: Ha ha the older guy is John Burnicle he used to play for the devils he was the most expensive transfer in uk hockey, way back then. I'll let him know hes just the pushy old guy in proline now ha ha love it.

I'm sure Burny would love the mantle of pushy old bloke! :lol: For all the emphasis on scooters and other stuff at Proline, Burny is the hockey brain there, having been there done that. Think you're confusing pushy, with nothern hospitality ;)

Just Read Paul's statement.
I have to say I am happy with the outcome. A professional business man totally focused on managing the best Team in the League. For all it's faults "the League that is". Don't loose focus that this guy loves his hockey as we all do.
Tough business decision sometime have to be taken.
Ownership of the Squlealers in what ever % is of no interest to me. Good that he has handed over the leash to another guy.
He saved the Squealer no matter what anyone says. We enjoyed some great games against them last season and to have lost them would be a total disaster. I remember the loss of Durham Wasps, hated the sons! but what a great night. Gone!
Relieved the My season ticket is valid. I renewed mine weeks ago. Can't wait for the new season to come around.
Now is the time to get behind the Guy and give him our support.
Can't be asked to read through some of the negative stuff around the Squealers and the past.
Clean sheet!
New team! Got a lot to live up to!
New Management!
Best Coach!
Best pound for pound supporters!
Bring it on.
Get behind them!