Play Off Finals Weekend

Earnie

Great Blocks indeed!
I hope Devils do their Sunday morning sales at the Viola Arena again.
(I know some will not , but it saves the Monday nightmare for hundreds.)

Kevlar68

Really good blocks.
There were plenty of seats available in the arena all the weekend so if you want to definitely be in the Devils section then people will queue up in the cold early hours but if your happy to sit wherever and just enjoying the playoffs then you could pick up tickets on the weekend.

I hope they don't sell on the Sunday as it is the weekend of the Belfast double header. The Monday morning will be awkward too as many will be on a plane.

Won’t be many fans home by 9am when they go on sale, I will be over the Irish Sea. Won’t go on sale on Sunday, as I suspect Todd and the volunteers who did it last year will all be in Belfast.

Temme

Won’t be many fans home by 9am when they go on sale, I will be over the Irish Sea. Won’t go on sale on Sunday, as I suspect Todd and the volunteers who did it last year will all be in Belfast.
It was a nottingham-fife away double header last year iirc (or something similar) and that didn't stop them!!!

Earnie

That's not how it worked. Arrive early and join the queue along top of the Arena with everyone else. I remember last time some fans came back I think from a Guildford game and camped outside till the doors opened. They were first in the queue and well deserved.

pjj365

Seem to remember last year was before release date - so week before?

Makes sense to get the allocated tickets into Motorpoint system before general realse

terry hunt

All the details on the website?.
I dont think so it looks like another admin cockup in the making.
I am 79rs old,my OH is 73yrs old we are both long standing season ticket holders.
We live in Newport.
Using this plan we will have to leave Newport latest ~6.00am to get to the Viola find parking.
Then stand in a queue for tickets.
Presumably TK is guaranteeing good weather for this scheme?
Sat next to us are a young man who is a farmworker with his son who live in Merthyr.
Across the aisle from us are a group of fans from the Swansea area.
There is no mention of an allocation held for season ticket holders.Does this also apply for Panthers/Steelers fans?
I assume that there will be a buy back system from the Cardiff scalpers who i am sure will have a plentiful supply for anyone unable to attend 25th Jan.

Diafol

It's an hour's drive to the rink for me.
I queued for 4 hours last year with no luck but managed to get tickets by phoning Nottingham box office on the Monday.

That's not going to be an option this time as the club will have access to all tickets rather than a fixed amount.

Not looking forward to this at all :(

hip check

Each person can purchase 4 tickets I believe so if anybody who's struggling to make it could ask a friend/s to pick up tickets for them.
We have 400 more tickets this year as well so more chance of getting one.
A problem could be someone buying 4 when they may only need two or one,
I'm in a lucky position of being of retirement age and no longer work weekends, but surely if you normally attend the hockey with a friend or two somebody amongst your group should be able to queue up and buy four for your group, or even two people buying four each..eight tickets.
The club can't please everyone but by being able to get four they have given most an opportunity of getting their hands on some.

terry hunt

Sheffield and Nottingham fans will have an early bird opportunity to purchase 1playoff ticket per season ticket.
I suggest that our organisation is not up to this kind of exercise so should leave it up to the Nottingham Arena who have experience of big events such as the playoffs.

Earnie

No matter what method you choose to purchase your POWE tickets I do not think there will be a problem. There is a considerable greater allocation.
If you choose to use the Viola Arena option neither are you likely to get wet for you gather in an orderly fashion inside Arena at the top level starting somewhere near the entrance to the bar.(well that's what happened last year anyway)
Personally I do not see how being a STH has anything to do with priority over anyone buying tickets for Nottingham.(I am a STH)

Last edited:

terry hunt

No matter what method you choose to purchase your POWE tickets I do not think there will be a problem. There is a considerable greater allocation.
If you choose to use the Viola Arena option neither are you likely to get wet for you gather in an orderly fashion inside Arena at the top level starting somewhere near the entrance to the bar.(well that's what happened last year anyway)
Personally I do not see how being a STH has anything to do with priority over anyone buying tickets for Nottingham.(I am a STH)
So why have the Arena decided to make a special provision for Panthers/Steelers fans.We are talking about dedicated blocks for each club at the arena are we not. Why cant this apply to the Devils who have 2 large blocks assigned?
Thanks for the other info mate.
If i get soaking wet i will be having words with you.