Player Signing - today

Best to keep an open mind, but l’m having a feeling he’s gonna come with a point to prove, he could very well set the ice on [emoji91]. He ain’t no Bordy, this guy can actually play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ASHIPP

Yes, Dave ' Top Job ' Simms strikes again.

At one end of the spectrum, there's the top class professional embodiment of British ice hockey, Todd Kelman.......at the other end of the spectrum is, well, the Brummie estate agent.

Last edited:

kettdevil1

And bissonnette spent the whole time coordinating the pp... he literally stood out as head and shoulders above anyone else. As did weller. Im expecting a big impact. I just hope he's ready for big minutes!

Out of interest who did people see as his partner on D? I thought fournier potentially.

Also it may mean louis could move to forward if a forward is injured not necessarily an injured d man. Louis has played power forward a lot in the past
That was the pairing I went for as it seems logical. Hoth/Ritchie is pretty much set in stone and from the rest I can’t see the logic in pairing with Louis or Paris which leaves Reddick which is probably unlikely. I would say this pairing will give Gleason more licence to go forward....

We have carried additional imports in that past, some signed later in the season that will cover injuries. I have no idea if a player is getting released, but I would ask one question. How many players have Cardiff Devils released since we have had the new ownership in charge? I believe it is zero, this is not how these guys operate, and if they do decide to cut one to make way for a quality signing on the basis that they don't do it frivolously I would trust their judgement.

ASHIPP

Judging by the number of injuries already racking up in teams this season, imagine that all 'spare' imports will be fully occupied.

Historically, it has not been the style of our Club to release players - looking at the bigger picture ( eg. Injury cover, working on weaker aspects of individual performance, finding another role for the player etc), they may not feel it neccessary, or the right thing to do

That was the pairing I went for as it seems logical. Hoth/Ritchie is pretty much set in stone and from the rest I can’t see the logic in pairing with Louis or Paris which leaves Reddick which is probably unlikely. I would say this pairing will give Gleason more licence to go forward....
I believe you'll see a Dman out with injury for a bit so Strachan may slip in to that spot or maybe we see a total refigure on pairings. For sure there's a injury on the backend

The more I look into this guy the more I like him.

Seems a good guy on and off the ice, hopefully the missing puzzle piece for us.

I'm hoping we keep a spare for the season even when fully fit, it helps to keep the players on their toes and also allows us to give Lordo a weekend off (playing) every so often when the guys are all clicking.

Not so often that he's going to lose game fitness but just enough so he can recharge a little more, with the CHL it's already been a tough season + we're only in October.

The physical and mental stresses and strains of playing hockey are pretty big so adding coaching to that as well must be pretty intense at times, so I am glad that the ownership decided to get someone that should help us fight for the right to defend our league title, with yet another set of broad shoulders willing the bear the weight of our expectations.

As for pairings.​

if Ritchie is injured and can't play this weekend​

Strachan / Hotham
Fournier / Louis
Paris / Batch
Reddick / Moore

If not

Richardson / Hotham
Strachan / Fournier
Louis / Paris
Batch / Reddick​

zoesdevil

The guy has 2 less points at NHL level with less games than Biznasty and scored 112pts (nearly 3x Biz) in 404 games in AHL.....for a hard hitting blue line scrapper that is superb!

Yann Sauve of Panthers is so far the best big d man I've seen in eihl so far. Strachans resume absolutely pisses all over Sauves. Going by that we have an absolute jem of a signing here! Can do it all.
Also the scout report about him, is more than likely based on what he's played like at NHL level, not EIHL level!

pjj365

The more I look into this guy the more I like him.

Seems a good guy on and off the ice, hopefully the missing puzzle piece for us.

I'm hoping we keep a spare for the season even when fully fit, it helps to keep the players on their toes and also allows us to give Lordo a weekend off (playing) every so often when the guys are all clicking.

Not so often that he's going to lose game fitness but just enough so he can recharge a little more, with the CHL it's already been a tough season + we're only in October.

The physical and mental stresses and strains of playing hockey are pretty big so adding coaching to that as well must be pretty intense at times, so I am glad that the ownership decided to get someone that should help us fight for the right to defend our league title, with yet another set of broad shoulders willing the bear the weight of our expectations.

As for pairings.​

if Ritchie is injured and can't play this weekend​

Strachan / Hotham
Fournier / Louis
Paris / Batch
Reddick / Moore

If not

Richardson / Hotham
Strachan / Fournier
Louis / Paris
Batch / Reddick​
Why is Batch on D in these pairings Surely he has moved to A unless otherwise needed Strachan gives this relief

Why is Batch on D in these pairings Surely he has moved to A unless otherwise needed Strachan gives this relief
I'm a bit of a traditionlist in that I prefer the one D to be primarily offensive and the other primarily defensive, obviously there is scope to switch roles as and when required, but having paris and reddick as a pair seems a tad offensive for my liking.

Batch seems to be evolving into this years chris culligan, capable of playing in multiple roles and positions sometimes even in the same game. I would want to ensure that there is plenty of size in our D corps against sheffield tomorrow.

As for Batch on offence as well, yeah I'd be fine with that but I'm wondering as it was so prolific the other night if the Lord, Crowder, Morrisette aka the anti-forum line :) would be given another opportunity thus breaking up the Moore, Crowder, Batch line.

Honestly with the injury to Haddad, Asselin's new baby etc, I have no clue what our lines are going to be. I think we should just spitball lines while we await webcast or the text result.

Bruise Brothers - Batch, Myers, Faryna, Louis and Strachan

Fight Club - Batch, Lord, Faryna, Hotham and Strachan

Foxy

I think with Asselin it wasnt an injury as such just not letting him travel because of timing of the birth of his son. Hes played home games during his injury:)

Hoping Haddad isnt going to be out for long although we do have Pope back which is a plus both energy players who can get things going.

Richie has taken a few knocks so far and maybe needs a couple of games rest, not too long mind as i still rate him as one of our best d men.

Have a feeling we will see Strachan with Fournier

Kal

I wouldn't think Strachen would be covering Richie due to the import limit, Piggsy would have to play or we'd have to play a brit short. Honestly I'd like to see Fourns and Louis reunited and Strachen partner Reddick.

ASHIPP

Depending upon injury situation, I would expect to see Piggot playing on the 4th line - if Richie is injured, Luke can come in to the team as he is classed as British. I am also guessing if Richie is injured, Tyson would be partnered with The Hoth.