Players signing elsewhere - Elite Prospects snooping

Temme

Thread starter #1
This is going to seem a tad obsessive and OTT for some people, so i apologize in advance...

So the new elite prospects player pages have a section that says "Contract", it has a link to the EP jobs page and then either says "Register" or "Sign".

Players that have "Sign" next to their contracts big - are ALREADY REGISTERED to find jobs via Elite prospects.

Players that have "Register" next to their contract bit, are not registered.

So a quick look through our roster-
Ben Bowns - registered
Thomas Murdy - Not registered

Gleason Fournier - not registered
Andrew Hotham - not registered
Mark Louis - not registered
Craig Moore - not registered
Drew Paris - not registered
Bryce Reddick - Registered
Tyson Strachan - not registered
Patrick Asselin - not registered
Josh Batch - not registered
Sean Bentivoglio - not registered
Paul Crowder - not registered
Justin Faryna - Registered
Jake Morisette - not registered
Matthew Myers - not registered
Luke Piggott - not registered
Toms Rutkis - not registered
Layne Ulmer - not registered

Out of our entire roster (excluding players that are re-signed)
Bowns
Reddick
Faryna

are currently set up on this new system.

I'm not saying there is any significance to that; it does for sure mean that they are or WERE in the market for new jobs since Elite Prospects introduced the new jobs section - 5th May 2017 (in case you care...)

Also what does this mean:

If any of the "not" registered players, suddenly "register", it is safe to guess they are looking at other jobs also.

I don't know about any of you, but i'll be keeping half an eye on our player pages to see if any of them sign up to the system, to second guess whether or not they will be likely returning.

Devil94

Geez this is too much for me on a Friday afternoon.

So Bowns, Reddick and Faryna - are you suggesting they have been looking for another job next year?

I would say that those 3 would be very high on Andrew Lord's list to retain.

James

Administrator
It could be their managers have signed them up to it irrespective of the players discussions with the club.

Temme

Thread starter #4
Geez this is too much for me on a Friday afternoon.

So Bowns, Reddick and Faryna - are you suggesting they have been looking for another job next year?

I would say that those 3 would be very high on Andrew Lord's list to retain.
It's complete guess work whether it's this year or last - but the eliteprospects job section has only existed since 5th May 2017, so at some points since then they have signed up to the service and verified themselves using ID/Passport.

Anyone that were to sign up now though, effectively this serves no purpose other than to apply for jobs with clubs that are advertising on there, i guess you can deduce your own conclusion as to what it would mean.

It could be their managers have signed them up to it irrespective of the players discussions with the club.
This is possible i guess, however you need original photo ID to verify yourself and become registered, so the players would be aware of it at least and it's not done back of house without consent so to speak.

Outsider

This is going to seem a tad obsessive and OTT for some people, so i apologize in advance...

So the new elite prospects player pages have a section that says "Contract", it has a link to the EP jobs page and then either says "Register" or "Sign".

Players that have "Sign" next to their contracts big - are ALREADY REGISTERED to find jobs via Elite prospects.

Players that have "Register" next to their contract bit, are not registered.

So a quick look through our roster-
Ben Bowns - registered
Thomas Murdy - Not registered

Gleason Fournier - not registered
Andrew Hotham - not registered
Mark Louis - not registered
Craig Moore - not registered
Drew Paris - not registered
Bryce Reddick - Registered
Tyson Strachan - not registered
Patrick Asselin - not registered
Josh Batch - not registered
Sean Bentivoglio - not registered
Paul Crowder - not registered
Justin Faryna - Registered
Jake Morisette - not registered
Matthew Myers - not registered
Luke Piggott - not registered
Toms Rutkis - not registered
Layne Ulmer - not registered

Out of our entire roster (excluding players that are re-signed)
Bowns
Reddick
Faryna

are currently set up on this new system.

I'm not saying there is any significance to that; it does for sure mean that they are or WERE in the market for new jobs since Elite Prospects introduced the new jobs section - 5th May 2017 (in case you care...)

Also what does this mean:

If any of the "not" registered players, suddenly "register", it is safe to guess they are looking at other jobs also.

I don't know about any of you, but i'll be keeping half an eye on our player pages to see if any of them sign up to the system, to second guess whether or not they will be likely returning.
I think you're reading way too much into this. All players unless you've re-signed or going into the second year of a 2 year deal are always looking to see if there is interest from a better league and to see if there's a better financial package available to them. Players don't use EP to get jobs and i suspect the players that Cardiff wants back are either already signed to play for the Devils and haven't been announced or will be shortly. It makes sense for the player to find out if there's any interest from other leagues and if they haven't been contacted by now, chances are they won't be . I would say that the majority of the players will be back next year except for 3-4 player changes. Now aside from the usual 3-4 changes ,I think there are question marks on 4 other players and these players are in the top 3rd of the team, so if these 4 do not come back plus the 3-4 that will be changed, you may see 8 changes in total. One is in goal and 3 are on defence. If those 4 core players do not come back, those shoes will be hard to fill. Just my opinion

ASHIPP

It would be no suprise that many of our players would be of interest to other clubs after the season the Devils have just had.

But a player with a registered status doesn't neccessarily mean that player is searching for another opportunity.

Too much being read in to this. Although there are bound to be a few changes - TK has said he expects this most years.

jimmy snels

i see what temme is saying completely and thanks for pointing it out. if someone was to register on there now it would suggest they may be looking for new work. not more to it that that id say.
nice one adam