Players to be gassed?

Chris

Administrator
I didn't read it so much as players will be gassed, more as a warning shot/wake up call that we won't, or maybe that should be can't, tolerate many/any more games like the Belfast one.

Adams has never really been one to let players go during the season, Andersson and Hinks might be the two most recent I can think of (although it's highly likely i'm wrong), Prpich doesn't count I don't think as he didn't ice before being dropped, although there were other issues related to that one.

A win on Tuesday could help to build some sort of excitement up for next weekend...

KaneDevils

Thread starter #3
I think you may be right Chris, but, it's surely a possibility. All players need to give 110% suggests to me that they have highlighted players who aren't giving that. We probably can guess who they are. If they don't start giving what is expected, then they will go, won't they?
I do however believe in G to get his message across and get the best out of those underperforming. I believe he's done it before and he will/can do it again.

jimmy snels

NHL lock out not looking for big money but a team with free accommodation... Would raise skill levels and DEFIANTLY crowds eg weller syndrome #just saying

Chris

Administrator
I think you may be right Chris, but, it's surely a possibility. All players need to give 110% suggests to me that they have highlighted players who aren't giving that. We probably can guess who they are. If they don't start giving what is expected, then they will go, won't they?
I do however believe in G to get his message across and get the best out of those underperforming. I believe he's done it before and he will/can do it again.
I'm not sure it really is a possibility though, as Gazza says where will the money come from? Unlike some of the arena teams i doubt we have the money available to pay for ITC cards and flights or whatnot.
NHL lock out not looking for big money but a team with free accommodation... Would raise skill levels and DEFIANTLY crowds eg weller syndrome #just saying
I think that's supposed to be definitely, but is there really anything to base that on? I don't have the attendances to hand or even available to me, Finny or someone might know what happened when Rob Davison turned up, but I asked a question on one of the other threads about getting a Davison style player in, or a Weller. I'd expect a player similar to Weller to help the team turn around, but not a Davison style player.

Hopefully Adams will be able to make the best of the players we have...

jimmy snels

Lol to late to edit!

crowds rose with both players by a few hundred. Id gas now, genuinely. iv seen enough of one player in particular to know he'll never be a devil. i want winners and hard working, gritty lads. Not ones here for a holiday and avoid body contact. get the rest revved up. falkner the stand out at minute and i can see how frustrated he's getting

voth26

with regards to regans comments to raise the awareness and profile of the club, my daughter who is teacher contacted brent with regards to the devils visting her school to speak to the kids, the players being interviewed by the kids etc she spoke to brent who asked her to email him the details, she is still waiting for brent to contact her back from over a week ago!!

KaneDevils

Thread starter #9
Gazza272 said:
Where is the money going to come from to sack the players and bring in new ones?
Good question, one I don't know the answer to. :cry:
However, to come out and say what they have would suggest to me that it could happen. To say players have to give 110%, as I've said before, suggest in their opinion not all players are. So, if that doesn't change, then what??

With the fall in attendances maybe PR will offer G more funds to bring in someone like Weller. Not only could that improve results/performances, but it would also improve attendances.
I'm not saying he should, but he could. He may feel he has to?

Are there players he could call up from the NIHL set up? Scarborough maybe? Are there others? I'm not sure what the plan is, but I think there is one!

Finny

According to some posters on THF, the NHLers aren't looking for wages as such but they are looking for their insurance to be paid.
Which for most EIHL teams is more than we pay in wages!

ASHIPP

Finnerty has shown no mercy in releasing Corey Pecker who was believed to be underperforming. Steelers have taken swift action...they are showing a serious commitment to challenging for success this year.

Could be a different set of circumstances at the Devils who are not an arena team. Its very clear that some players are living on their reputations and not performing to expectations right now. If PR was able to sanction it, I have no doubt G would release these players.......and Devils play short until replacements found. Devils are no strangers to being shortbenched - its always brought out the best in them

There is time to put this right but there will come a time when its too late. Bottom of our conference, bottom of our CC group and Blaze on the rise. This is the team the Devils may be fighting with for a playoff place. Finish 5th in the conference and playoffs are just dreams.
:eek:

Have to say he would but we got an peer who putting ticket prices up and causing crowds to drop so we can't afford to pay off anyone we let go

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

devils2001uk said:
Have to say he would but we got an peer who putting ticket prices up and causing crowds to drop so we can't afford to pay off anyone we let go
We don't pay players off, they're all on a 2 week notice contract. Ragan wouldn't need to sanction it. He will be peeing his pants at the thought of cutting the wage bill.

Surly if a player signs a contract you can just say to the player yeah see you later if they they sign a one year deal then they get paid there deal

DevilDom

devils2001uk said:
Surly if a player signs a contract you can just say to the player yeah see you later if they they sign a one year deal then they get paid there deal

You can if the contract has a notice period stated in it. i.e. "this contract may be ended at any time by either party by giving 2 weeks notice"

James

Administrator
I'm pretty sure that myth was debunked a while ago. The contract entirely depends on what the player agrees on. Hence Thommo not being able to offload Chambers as he had a solid contract they couldn't afford to buy him out of.