Playoff Details Announced

Devil_Abroad

Do Devils season ticket holders get any prority on tickets?
Let’s not go through this again. Season tickets guarantee you a seat at home games. That’s the point of season tickets.

Please let’s not encourage guaranteeing play-off final tickets to season ticket holders which then excludes people like me who live 180 miles away and travel the country in order to watch our team. We spend way more supporting the Devils than those who just have a season ticket and don;t travel to away games.

Devil_Abroad

Feel the Devils organisation should've pushed for a better deal for fans. Limited space etc, but there's a good argument for season ticket holders getting priority and possibly larger block.
No there isn’t. Not all avid Devils fans are season ticket holders. Please desist.

Devil_Abroad

Is there a standard formula to work out when the playoffs are each year, to be able to book the right weekend? i.e second weekend in April, that sort of thing.
We tried that last year but the date everyone thought it would be was incorrect so we were stuck with a room in Nottingham a week after the playoffs; however there was one more away game which we could attend and the hotel were kind enough for us to move it. Of course the hotel we actually stayed at for the w/e was 3 miles from the centre and a tad more expensive by that time! However, a tram stop was only 5 mins walk away

Kevlar68

I just checked when I booked my hotel for Nottingham which was the day the dates were announced and that was 20th July 2018. I got 2 rooms for 2 nights for £260 and can cancel it by midday of 13th April.
You get a good bit of notice so no need to try to predict the date.

Temme

Pity G, though I’m sure we can have some beers to make up for it in Belfast.

Hotels in Nottingham are wayyyyy overpriced for that weekend. Premier Inn up from about £40 a night to about £160 (though I think now sold out).

Worth looking at Trivago if people are looking, I found the cheapest options there.
I haven't found this at all in ~6 years of going to POFW

We're staying at the Travellodge and have paid £105 for Friday - Monday (3 nights)
And honestly that's the most we've ever paid.

It all depends when you book - we're trying to put the money together for Belfast in a month but the hotels are double that price for a similar stay.

OJLloyd

I haven't found this at all in ~6 years of going to POFW

We're staying at the Travellodge and have paid £105 for Friday - Monday (3 nights)
And honestly that's the most we've ever paid.

It all depends when you book - we're trying to put the money together for Belfast in a month but the hotels are double that price for a similar stay.
Me and my friends are going with Red Army Travel, so I didn't necessarily worry. But looking at it yesterday (because I clearly get bored at work) the cheapest I could find within a couple of miles of the City centre was about £152 for 2 nights. In the city centre it was between £300 and £500 for two nights.

This compared to other weekends where the same stay is £90-£120.

You have gotten a very good deal there, City centre travelodge is now sold out, and the riverside one for that stay is £204. Obviously timing is important, I meant for people looking now who may have only now decided to go to POFW.

matbur

Let’s not go through this again. Season tickets guarantee you a seat at home games. That’s the point of season tickets.

Please let’s not encourage guaranteeing play-off final tickets to season ticket holders which then excludes people like me who live 180 miles away and travel the country in order to watch our team. We spend way more supporting the Devils than those who just have a season ticket and don;t travel to away games.
I get you live further away but the reality is you are in a very small minority of the fanbase and that's just unfortunate. I live closer to you from the sound of it but still make a 2 hour round-trip for every game, but so what? It's irrelevant.

When you purchase a season ticket for any team, the holders usually get priority and there is usually a points scheme to reward those who do travel away. Why shouldn't people who cough up for season tickets and commit to going once or twice every week be given an improved chance of getting tickets for biggest game of season. Likewise those who commit to travelling away.

My point is that as it stands, it's unfair because someone who has perhaps watched 10 games all season can get playoff tickets before you or I.

No matter how you look at it, or argue where you live, that is unfair.

pjj365

The debate on fairness is valid and on past history (e.g. ST holders having 1st option/reserved seats at the Viola for non-ST games) the club would no doubt sort something out

But this is nothing to do with the club - it is run by the league and by default the arena. So we are stuck with it.

Kevlar68

I think that first come first serve is the fairest for playoff weekend. There are multiple reasons why many don't buy season tickets but it doesn't make them less of a avid devils fan.
It is what it is and good luck to all who get tickets.

Devil_Abroad

I just checked when I booked my hotel for Nottingham which was the day the dates were announced and that was 20th July 2018. I got 2 rooms for 2 nights for £260 and can cancel it by midday of 13th April.
You get a good bit of notice so no need to try to predict the date.
Yes, we won’t go on a rumour any more. However, when we try and book a room at a hotel near the venue once the date is announced they rooms all already booked out!

I heard something else at the rink last night which also makes me wonder about the fact that hotels are booked up so early.

A friend has already booked his play off final tickets through the travel guys.

As the tickets aren’t yet on sale this must surely mean that there’s an agreement between Cardiff and the Arena to block book a certain number before they go on general sale? It would then make sense that when we try and book we’re only ever offered a seat near the plexi or the last few rows at the back? If this is the case then Cardiff offer a slightly different format to Panthers and Steelers, rather than season ticket holders they block seats for those willing to travel with the Cardiff supporters? Does this mean they also block book rooms at hotels?

Is this the case?

I’m absolutely gutted if this is true.

kettdevil1

Thread starter #33
I get you live further away but the reality is you are in a very small minority of the fanbase and that's just unfortunate. I live closer to you from the sound of it but still make a 2 hour round-trip for every game, but so what? It's irrelevant.

When you purchase a season ticket for any team, the holders usually get priority and there is usually a points scheme to reward those who do travel away. Why shouldn't people who cough up for season tickets and commit to going once or twice every week be given an improved chance of getting tickets for biggest game of season. Likewise those who commit to travelling away.

My point is that as it stands, it's unfair because someone who has perhaps watched 10 games all season can get playoff tickets before you or I.

No matter how you look at it, or argue where you live, that is unfair.
Surely this is only remotely valid if demand exceeds supply. I have never had a problem getting tickets so it is a moot point.

Foxy

Ive been having a think about this 3rd v 4th place playoff game and i know all the reasons the EIHL have come back at us with ie clubs wont pay to have their players stay over at the end of the season if they havnt qualified or England V Scotland too expensive but why cant they have a straight skills contest between the losing semi finalists. They're already at the weekend so no extra expense to the clubs and im sure the players would enjoy it more than playing a nothing game. Pretty sure the fans would enjoy it more too.

Temme

Ive been having a think about this 3rd v 4th place playoff game and i know all the reasons the EIHL have come back at us with ie clubs wont pay to have their players stay over at the end of the season if they havnt qualified or England V Scotland too expensive but why cant they have a straight skills contest between the losing semi finalists. They're already at the weekend so no extra expense to the clubs and im sure the players would enjoy it more than playing a nothing game. Pretty sure the fans would enjoy it more too.

Not to detract in any way from what you've said, but it's all been suggested a million times and gets ignored.

incredibly frustrating and frankly wrong that they charge full price for that game given there's only 1 game really to watch on the Sunday.

Foxy

Not to detract in any way from what you've said, but it's all been suggested a million times and gets ignored.

incredibly frustrating and frankly wrong that they charge full price for that game given there's only 1 game really to watch on the Sunday.
True but what they seem to suggest is a skills contest for all clubs hence the expense but if its confined to just the losing semi finalists where are the costs? They're already there

Sheincar

We book the 1st three weekends in April as soon as we get back - with ability to cancel. Cancel 2 when dates are known. The remaining one is not the lowest cost but a massive saving on booking when the dates are confirmed
We tend to book whilst we're having breakfast in the hotel on the Monday before returning home. Got the wrong weekend though so have had to shop around this year.