Playoff Finals - Nottingham 2013

Earnie

I see there is a Bronze Medal game on Sunday.

Wasn't this a total shambles last time they tried it with neither team wanting to play and they made a mockery of it.
(and duly collected a fine of course!)

Then the priority season ticket thing for Nottingham - does that mean the Nottingham fans will be scatterred all over the place as well as being in their own Blocks?

kettdevil1

The last time we played in the third place match it turned into a non contact game with frankly nothing much to hold your interest...

Our NM, Cugnet I think, played as an outfield player, and the crowd were more interested in the beach halls flying around the arena than the on ice action ...

James

Administrator
Bronze medal games are a total waste of time. The players don't care about being third and if they've already lost the playoffs they will already be mentally on the way home.

Sheincar

This bit made me laugh - "We have listened to the views of supporters and have introduced a bronze-medal match on Sunday, ahead of the annual awards show.

"The curtain will then be brought down on another exciting season with the grand final."

I have never heard any fan request a bronze medal game. The last one was a farce & IIRC the players threw their medals to the crowd.

Skippy

Got to wonder which fans wanted back the 3rd and 4th place losers match.

On the plus side should we end up in that game.. first line of Phil Osaer, Joe Meyers and G with Batch in Nets ?

Sliput

Sorry if its on here but i havent seen it but does anyone know who we contact within the Devils to order tickets as i will not be down at the BBT again this year......Thanks in advance.

Ger-Devils

I'm sure the Devils office will sort later on but CDSL normally sort at their desk.

Maybe easier to get someone who's going to the rink to sort for you?

rocketbob

Sliput said:
Sorry if its on here but i havent seen it but does anyone know who we contact within the Devils to order tickets as i will not be down at the BBT again this year......Thanks in advance.
I am in the same boat as well. Does anyone know if any unsold tickets in the Devils blocks go on general sale?

SFN

rocketbob said:
Sliput said:
I am in the same boat as well. Does anyone know if any unsold tickets in the Devils blocks go on general sale?
room for one more in that boat? - Living out in the sticks on the other side of the bridge it can be a bit difficult for me to sort these types of tickets. Im very tempted to give my friend (a panthers fan no less) the money and sit with that lot - wearing my pink devils jersey of course lol

Sliput

If i have read this correctly i think fans can just ring up and buy them themselves. I am assuming that a block of tickets will be reserved for the club to sell though.

From the EIHL website:
Supporters from all clubs will be able to buy seats for their respective team’s blocks, although in the case of Nottingham and Sheffield, season-ticket holders will have priority ahead of general sale in their play-off blocks.

Ticket prices
Early bird (from Monday 14th January to Thursday 28th February 2013)
Weekend: Adult £74 - Concession/student £54 - Family [2+2] £224
Saturday or Sunday only: Adult £40 - Concession/student £32

General sale (from Friday 1st March 2013 onwards)
Weekend: Adult £85 - Concession/student £60 - Family [2+2] £250
Saturday or Sunday only: Adult £47 - Concession/students £38

There will be no booking fees or card charges. To buy tickets visit the National Ice Centre website at capitalfmarena.com or call 0843 373 3000. You can also visit the box office in person.

Have Hope#35

Wannabe2

£25 per game as the 3rd place game is a total farce, is getting more and more expensive, keep trying to knock the fans league, and its going to come back and bite you on the rear.

Sliput

Wannabe2 said:
£25 per game as the 3rd place game is a total farce, is getting more and more expensive, keep trying to knock the fans league, and its going to come back and bite you on the rear.
As long as Sheffield or Nottingham get to the final it will always be worth the league putting up its prices.

It is really simple if you dont want to go dont. I cant afford to go to Devils home games due to my location...so i dont go.

Have Hope#35

Wannabe2 said:
It's been the same price for the last 2 years at least... And that was with no 3rd Placed game! Personally I think it's fairly priced for what the weekend offers...

Ger-Devils said:
I'm sure the Devils office will sort later on but CDSL normally sort at their desk.

Maybe easier to get someone who's going to the rink to sort for you?
Red Army Supporters are in discussions with the club regarding whether any tickets will be sold from the sales desk. We will provide an update as soon as we have the information.

I wasn't around last time there was a third place playoff game but to me it doesn't seem a bad idea. From what people are saying it clearly hasn't worked in the past however on paper, I'd rather watch a third place playoff game than a under 18s game. I know it's not quite the same but bronze medal games in the Olympics are still well attended and competitive?
Perhaps I'll change my mind after experiencing it this year...

Paul Sullivan

Ivydrive said:
I wasn't around last time there was a third place playoff game but to me it doesn't seem a bad idea. From what people are saying it clearly hasn't worked in the past however on paper, I'd rather watch a third place playoff game than a under 18s game. I know it's not quite the same but bronze medal games in the Olympics are still well attended and competitive?
Perhaps I'll change my mind after experiencing it this year...
Can understand your points and they make objective sense, however this really is a lame duck fixture.

For my money I would much rather see the junior matches we have seen the last two years in Nottingham made a part of the POFW. The U12 (I think it was) 'Ovechkin' plexi-jump celebration brightened up my whole weekend.