Playoff Weekend

Kevlar68

That's a shit, some people may have already paid up front for rooms for the weekend before and if paid saver rates they won't get a refund on room if cancelled.
I had an apartment booked for £300 for 3 nights pay on arrival, for the weekend of 29th it's £526. Good job i booked a free cancelation property.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

Just changed mine but unfortunately had to pay far more, as you say it’s bank holiday which is a bummer, maybe have to have a alcoholic free weekend.lol

Jonesy83

This is a bad move for the league, people will have paid for flights, hotels, organised time of work etc

While I understand covid is a factor, this is a kick in the teeth to loyal fans who have forked out and arranged things for the original date. Many of which will now be out of pocket.

Diafol

I assume the Devils will be one of them.
Looking at the fixtures on the Devils website, we are currently scheduled to play both Coventry and Guildford at home on the same date, 9th April.

tim78

My hotel is booked for the original weekend paid in full. I find this poor considering Cardiff have been locked down without attendances, played in the CHL and have still played the most league games.

moggy#9

This is a bad move for the league, people will have paid for flights, hotels, organised time of work etc

While I understand covid is a factor, this is a kick in the teeth to loyal fans who have forked out and arranged things for the original date. Many of which will now be out of pocket.
Whilst it doesn't affect me personally, it seems that while our ownership and management "get it" with regard to dealing with fans the rest of the league simply doesn't. I imagine that quite a few Belfast fans will have booked flights as well as hotels. I don't suppose the Steelers care as they'll travel every day, and Nottingham probably won't make the weekend anyway.

It really makes all of those pointless challenge cup games look even more ridiculous now.

The league really needs to take a good look at itself after this season.

revilo

Yup, feel really sorry for those who have paid in advance for hotels etc. I'm one of the lucky ones as Im going to become a student for the weekend and crash in my daughters digs who is studying there. btw - just checking, playoff tickets havent gone on sale yet have they?

BostonBart22

Yup, feel really sorry for those who have paid in advance for hotels etc. I'm one of the lucky ones as Im going to become a student for the weekend and crash in my daughters digs who is studying there. btw - just checking, playoff tickets havent gone on sale yet have they?
so will your daughters digs hold 500 plus fans with breakfast...

E.D.S.

Thread starter #14
Is there any way of getting an updated fixture list downloaded to my calendar? I've got an outdated set of fixtures on mine now.
Thanks

Kevlar68

I won't pay over the odds for a room and we prefer an apartment, cancelled apartment we had booked which was close walking distance to arena. Ah well, 2 less tickets sold and a bar in Cardiff showing the games can have my money instead, hopefully Grand Bar on Westgate street.
May even go to London and watch it in the Maple Leaf, Covent Garden. I can get an apartment for £200 less for 3 nights, a train for £90 cheaper and i save the price of the tickets but i will miss being there but Canadian poutine, watching the playoffs in a Canadian bar will do us and save most probably around £500 for the 2 of us.
We'll see.

matbur

It is inconvenient and I totally sympathise with people who've already booked, but in fairness to the league, this is the right decision to manage factors that have been beyond their control.

It's an unfortunate situation all-round.

moggy#9

It is inconvenient and I totally sympathise with people who've already booked, but in fairness to the league, this is the right decision to manage factors that have been beyond their control.

It's an unfortunate situation all-round.
Beyond their control yes, but unforeseeable? Probably not so much. From the moment the season started, with players going into covid protocols, it was clear there would be distribution. Despite this the league persisted with the absurd challenge cup format, rather than building slack into the schedule. I will however grant you that there may have been economic reasons for that.

Don't get me wrong, committing to irreversible arrangement long in advance is dangerous. But given the booking difficulties every year, of you're a committed fan you probably don't have much choice. In fact, people probably thought that they had cover for covid situations and so were ok. Those circumstances probably don't cover the date just being changed though.

Gough60

To late to help Flyers to re arrange a ridiculous situation the found themselves in last weekend. Basically traveled to all 3 of their games and played 2 of the best teams in the league.
Me thinks this will ease the HEAVY schedule planned at the end of the season for some of the more popular teams.

Gonna give a positive opinion after my previous post , feel sorry for the fans that have booked upfront, surely there is a way around this if the league looked into .