Playoffs

RedDevil17

Thread starter #3
It’s very stupid, most players won’t be here, the play offs are a life line for most clubs but we have to come up with something sensible.
Very highly doubt it’ll happen but I thought I’d share the tweet anyway. None of the imports will actually be here anyway apart from the players in isolation assuming they’re imports

Imp

I just read that as it's not going ahead as scheduled.

The date to be confirmed seems likely to just be an official announcement of cancellation... but it might be that EIHL are committed to paying for the venue on some level (eg. No Refunds - but some flexibility on scheduling?) and are looking for a way limit the financial damage.

The league, the arena, their various insurance companies, and likely national sports authorities are busy working through all the potential get out clauses and potential ramifications.

The impact on the arena will be far bigger than POFW. They could potentially lose their entire schedule for the coming months, so I doubt they are in any position to just hand back the cash.

nicky27

I'm afraid that I will be wanting my ticket money back. A big organisation like Nottingham Arena should have some sort of insurance in place for things like this. I can't afford to lose over £250 for a family ticket. If and when it gets rescheduled, I will make a decision whether I can re-attend on new date.

terry hunt

Already major tours are being cancelled.The WHO have cancelled(understandable as they are mostly old guys).
The yanks are notorious for panicking i suspect Glasto and other planned events must be doubtful with Trump's travel restrictions.
Major events have been cancelled in the USA and they dont have the virus just a bit of flu.

pjj365

It would appear that when the Govt ban major events (next week?) compensation will be paid to venues
This may make a decision for outright cancellation easier

Earnie

Did we not all pay by Credit Card? Is that not the route to take for getting your money back. I have not tried anything until ‘further announcements’.

Based on final league positions there were still 4 teams fighting for the final 2 qualification spots for the playoffs. That would have to be sorted before the final 4 for the Nottingham weekend could be determined.

pjj365

Did we not all pay by Credit Card? Is that not the route to take for getting your money back. I have not tried anything until ‘further announcements’.
As long as an event remains postponed there is no legal right to a refund.
Refunds should then he offered if you can't/won't attend the rearranged event

Kevlar68

The thing is with only about 25% of the players being full time UK based to reschedule the date after April would be a nightmare for the non UK players. Can't expect those players to wait around until there's a all clear window then choose a date in advance.
Can't see it happening myself.