PLEA

GAVIN

Exactly... it might he harsh for the minority. I went to the lausanne game and the stewards were coming round like every 10 mins checking up on people keeping their chins warm and told to put the mask on properly. Another lockdown could finish a few teams in the league. It could even be the devils .. nobody knows

Last edited:
Been a long time!....As a Facilities Manager I have been bringing employees back to the workplaces I manage in England and Wales over the last 2-3 weeks but has been months in the planning. The onus has moved from being told what to do in law (by English / Welsh Govt) to where it is up to the responsible person for the building to "Covid" risk assess their premises and put in suitable controls to prevent risk to health.

If the risk assessment conducted by the Arena or the Devils organisation has stated that they will insist that masks are worn during the game in the Arena then they need to be policing that. It is their control measure...if they choose not to enforce it and there is a spike in infections traced back to a game in the Arena it would not be great news.

On a happier note....I cannot wait to come back and watch a game! :)

Stay safe everyone!

kingmo19.1

My public shaming proposal would hopefully help ……..

So as the game is in progress, the crowd is scanned for non-face mask wearers. If you are spotted then your mugshot is instantly put on the big-screen with the underlying tag-line ……

GET YOUR MASK ON DICKHEAD !!

Get spotted twice and your ejected.

Joking aside, it’s a killer disease so FFS take it seriously !!!!

Kevlar68

I'm behind every single person who wants mask fully on or out.
There are so many masks out there now that there shouldn't be any reason for exemption.
You have visors that have headbands for glass wearers, visors that have glass frames, visors with chin strap, cloth masks, masks with one vent, mask with two vents, etc, etc, you get my drift, there are so many variations on covid masks and visors now so this exemption excuse is now really a no go whether its asthma, claustrophobia or whatever.

Perfect example of it at Saturdays game there were two guys in the bar, not drinking just walking around thinking they were chocolate with lanyards on for the hospitality suite who were Nottingham supporters, neither were wearing masks and a steward walked past them and nothing said. That was even before the game had started.

Mask or out, i agree, no excuses anymore.

moggy#9

I'm behind every single person who wants mask fully on or out.
There are so many masks out there now that there shouldn't be any reason for exemption.
You have visors that have headbands for glass wearers, visors that have glass frames, visors with chin strap, cloth masks, masks with one vent, mask with two vents, etc, etc, you get my drift, there are so many variations on covid masks and visors now so this exemption excuse is now really a no go whether its asthma, claustrophobia or whatever.

Perfect example of it at Saturdays game there were two guys in the bar, not drinking just walking around thinking they were chocolate with lanyards on for the hospitality suite who were Nottingham supporters, neither were wearing masks and a steward walked past them and nothing said. That was even before the game had started.

Mask or out, i agree, no excuses anymore.
I agree completely. We know that Mr king reads this forum, and I'm sure he shares the concerns raised on here. Hopefully Todd is having serious words with those responsible for stewarding and security arrangements. If these problems are happening now, imagine what it would be like if some of the more unpleasant elements of the Sheffield and Belfast fan bases were involved.

ASHIPP

It's not the unpleasant elements of Sheffield or Belfast fans I would be worried about.... what would scare the hell out of me as a business manager would be a spot check visit from the Covid enforcement officers based on somebody reporting the erratic policing of mask wearing at games.

I see one suggestion for England is possibly the introduction of Covid passports for indoor events with crowds in excess of 500. If it's implemented, wonder if Wales will follow?

moggy#9

It's not the unpleasant elements of Sheffield or Belfast fans I would be worried about.... what would scare the hell out of me as a business manager would be a spot check visit from the Covid enforcement officers based on somebody reporting the erratic policing of mask wearing at games.

I see one suggestion for England is possibly the introduction of Covid passports for indoor events with crowds in excess of 500. If it's implemented, wonder if Wales will follow?
Point taken, however what I was getting at was the difficulty in pulling people up over it would be harder if there wasn't already a general spirit of compliance.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #30

Wales normally follow England on most restrictions like this week , jabs for 12 to 15 yr olds..followimg England

Kevlar68

The passport won't change anything. The virus won't stop transmitting to people cause they got a passport, its just to force the non vaccinated to get jabbed or they get excluded from things.

Masks are the main defence against the spread of the virus.

Kevlar68

Its all a bit treading on egg shells really.
If the Devils go humiliating people on big screens how would that look on the club?
Then with social media it would be nightmare.
Not a good public relations move.

NathanG

Masks have a place but I'm more concerned with touch points. I don't think I've touched a door handle in public for about 4 years. I use my jacket. It comes from working at Amazon with thousands of people and getting colds regularly. It doesn't take much for someone with covid/a cold to cough sneeze into their hands and touch touch things. Supermarket trolleys etc.

Mazzoak

My public shaming proposal would hopefully help ……..

So as the game is in progress, the crowd is scanned for non-face mask wearers. If you are spotted then your mugshot is instantly put on the big-screen with the underlying tag-line ……

GET YOUR MASK ON DICKHEAD !!

Get spotted twice and your ejected.

Joking aside, it’s a killer disease so FFS take it seriously !!!!
Sometimes the crap you write is bang on.....

revilo

The First Minister mentioned this in last week's press con - they are considering it for events and activities which no one is obliged to go to (so not including public services).

Finny

Wales normally follow England on most restrictions like this week , jabs for 12 to 15 yr olds..followimg England
I’m impressed you’ve been able to get so many inaccuracies into such a short post.

Wales hasn’t followed England on most restrictions. Wales has done what it believes to be right at that moment in time.
With regards vaccinating 12 to 15 year olds, Wales has said for weeks that they had drawn up plans to roll out the vaccinations once it had been given the go ahead. Not once did I hear England say anything similar.
The chief medical officers in all four U.K. nations made the announcement together. You can’t follow someone if you’re doing it in unison.
In England if things get worse their plan is to bring back masks and recommend working from home. Which is already policy in Wales.