Poor old Steelers....

Bazza

Haha - he says he wouldn't have done that?! Yeah right!! Boo hoo. Poor old Steelers.

Maybe when fixtures were being agreed they didn't think they would get there?!!

E.D.S.

Ha ha ha what an idiot.
Coming from the man who didn't stick around to shake hands after a game.
Saying that, if you can't get up for a final whether you've played the night before or not, then you have deeper issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rempel16

I hope this doesn't come back to bite us.... (if we have indeed blocked such a move).

We have basically written their final team talk for them already.

I'd like to think that we would want to play fair and give the go ahead for them to move their game.

Devil_Abroad

I hope this doesn't come back to bite us.... (if we have indeed blocked such a move).

We have basically written their final team talk for them already.

I'd like to think that we would want to play fair and give the go ahead for them to move their game.
Not sure why they arranged a game on the Sat if they now want to change it. Also, why allow them to break the very rule they screamed the league needed after they were treated so badly by that arrogant organisation we play this weekend?

We are after all playing on the Friday, so should we also ask Manchester if we can move to Wednesday?

Have to say you couldn't make all this up lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The funniest part of this is that the rule was put in place following the Steelers moaning when their match at Belfast was cancelled last year because of One Direction ! Lol !

Why didn't they just arrang their fixtures better just in case they made the final ?

If this was the other way around then Steelers would definitely have done the same anyway.

ASHIPP

What a load of old tosh. Isn't this something the Steelers should have/could have considered way way back this season when the CC Final date was announced?
He can accuse the Devils of manipulating the event - isn't that exactly what he is trying to do? I notice no complaints that the semi-final second leg against Panthers was only played two days after a full weekend of games for Steelers. Or their domestic fixtures impacting on their European Championship games early on this season.
Didn't see the Panthers moaning about their domestic schedule when they were preparing for an exhausting Continental Cup tournament

trapped

Seeking to move the fixture is a sensible thing. If we were in their position, no doubt we would have tried too.

If we have genuinely blocked it (and I would be surprised if we had) then it gives us a competitive advantage, but it does seem a little petty to stoop to the levels that that Steelers do. I don't see that it impacts on us in any way. If they want to move it, so be it.

I suspect that blaming us is a cover for the league not letting them get their own way.

Devil_Abroad

Seeking to move the fixture is a sensible thing. If we were in their position, no doubt we would have tried too.

If we have genuinely blocked it (and I would be surprised if we had) then it gives us a competitive advantage, but it does seem a little petty to stoop to the levels that that Steelers do. I don't see that it impacts on us in any way. If they want to move it, so be it.

I suspect that blaming us is a cover for the league not letting them get their own way.
It sounds like they thought they could do it - announced it - then Devils pointed the rule out to the EIHL - and the EIHL then told Steelers they couldn't move it. If Steelers didn't think it was going to give them a competitive advantage then why try and move it. They then try and paint Cardiff as the villain for pointing this out to the EIHL and for the EIHL not letting them break a rule which they cried for in the first place.

In this post Trump era seems the illogical is now the norm lol

Foxy

Wasnt it the steelers who actually had this rule put in place in the first place. So that makes it an ok rule if it benefits your club but not anyone else. Where does it say anywhere that Cardiff blocked it? It says the EIHL enforced the rule.....

Devil_Abroad

Wasnt it the steelers who actually had this rule put in place in the first place. So that makes it an ok rule if it benefits your club but not anyone else. Where does it say anywhere that Cardiff blocked it? It says the EIHL enforced the rule.....
Mr Simms answering a tweet on their official Twitter account points to Cardiff raising it I think

ASHIPP

Simms makes me feel physically sick. He's now touting TK for another 'Evening with.....' down here in Cardiff. God help us, no....I hope not, ever.

There are two teams playing in the CC Final - Thompson still manages to make it all about the Steelers, and Simms makes it all about himself.:rolleyes:

voth26

I'm so fed of hearing about how hard done by squeelers are about this game change. Thompson grow a set and get on with it, trust me when I say Devils will be waiting for you in the final