[Postponed] Blaze Vs Devils - CC - 29th Oct 23 - 17:30 FO

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils make the delightful journey to Coventry Sunday night for their third CC game of the week. Hopefully Devils would have done the business Saturday and it will be a dead rubber game, either way, I'm sure it won't be friendly.

moggy#9

Assuming the team can do the business on Saturday, would the result of this one not still be important for seeding? Bearing in mind of course that Belfast already have top seeding due to the ridiculous way that the competition is skewed towards them.

kettdevil1

Assuming the team can do the business on Saturday, would the result of this one not still be important for seeding? Bearing in mind of course that Belfast already have top seeding due to the ridiculous way that the competition is skewed towards them.
Absolutely - we have been caught out before in this way, important to win every game which (should) give an easier route to the final ....assuming nothing has changed since last year

James

Administrator
Thread starter #4
I may be wrong, but I think if we win the group we face Sheffield either way due to the farcical structure. Belfast will always face the wild-card fourth entry and the winner of the 2 other groups face each other ??

Finny

I may be wrong, but I think if we win the group we face Sheffield either way due to the farcical structure. Belfast will always face the wild-card fourth entry and the winner of the 2 other groups face each other ??
8 teams qualify not 4.

moggy#9

I think that we can all agree that something needs to be done about this stupid competition, which is horribly tilted towards Belfast due to the absurd seeding situation.

IMO it needs more teams (has anyone considered inviting french or Danish teams in), and the schedule needs reform so that the groups are finished by the time the league starts (none of this "which competition is this match?"), and the whole thing is finished before Xmas - just like the old autumn cup.

Still, it's not like anything will change given the way the league is run. Belfast love their advantage, the Scottish teams like the easy road trips, and Sheffield and Nottingham love the money from playing each other.

Finny

First away trip for me for many, many years.

Did someone say previously that the parking situation around the Skydome has changed and is even worse now?

I think that we can all agree that something needs to be done about this stupid competition, which is horribly tilted towards Belfast due to the absurd seeding situation.

IMO it needs more teams (has anyone considered inviting french or Danish teams in), and the schedule needs reform so that the groups are finished by the time the league starts (none of this "which competition is this match?"), and the whole thing is finished before Xmas - just like the old autumn cup.

Still, it's not like anything will change given the way the league is run. Belfast love their advantage, the Scottish teams like the easy road trips, and Sheffield and Nottingham love the money from playing each other.
Absolutely. This competition is grotesquely slanted towards a final for Belfast on home ice on a Wednesday night in February.
As such I made the decision to not attend the CC games (even as a ST holder) as the only thing that MAY make the league change this ridiculous format is if attendances drop!

It is just a distraction from the main business and usually allows Sheffield to steal a march on us in the League by getting more points in the bag because they always use the opportunity to get more league games played whilst we play tedious CC double headers!
Either way, I’m not bothered in the slightest about the CC!