POSTPONED - Devils v Storm - Fri 2 Mar 2018 - League - FO 7:30 - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

REVENGE IS SWEET
Two League points is even sweeter

With the usual SELL OUT at the IAW you will have to rely on the dependable MNL as we will be running the "ridiculously childish" and "disgustingly biased" Match Night Live service for this game, all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com and we are happy to list all, well the printable ones anyway.

IceTime will be running a webcast for this game with all the details to be found @ http://www.icetime.tv

Devil94

Might be an embarrassing evening as our owners and their families will see how useless we are in this country with dealing with an inch of snow.

Foxy

God i hope they get SOB right this time. Total shambles the last time all the shirts were up for grabs.

Hope there's a game too. Absolute zero snow here mind

BostonBart22

More concerned about Belfast travelling sunday ...if mk cant' travel to belfast for saturday game. Belfast can pack there bags and get on a ferry Saturday in time for Sunday. ...

More concerned about Belfast travelling sunday ...if mk cant' travel to belfast for saturday game. Belfast can pack there bags and get on a ferry Saturday in time for Sunday. ...
You'd have thought their tickets would've been booked already, surely? It is the Challenge Cup Final. after all.

Could be wrong; I don't work for Belfast. But to be honest, I wouldn't lose sleep either way.

august04

I'd be surprised if there's a problem for the CC final. As to Friday's game, well that's a different story. If the snow levels coming our way are to be believed, it will be difficult for Manchester to get here and for fans to get to the game - given that a few cms of snow usually paralyses this country!

BostonBart22

I'd be surprised if there's a problem for the CC final. As to Friday's game, well that's a different story. If the snow levels coming our way are to be believed, it will be difficult for Manchester to get here and for fans to get to the game - given that a few cms of snow usually paralyses this country!
And of course the stewards ...no stewards no game..health and safety and all that ...

Red weather warning for South Wales, between 30cm and 50cm of snow forecast, when will a decision be made as to the game going ahead, if we get the snow?

Devil94

I think the weather for the Manchester area is ok for tomorrow, so they should be ok to leave, and the motorways should be ok? The red weather warning doesn't carry over to tomorrow.

I think the danger is more for the fans travelling in. Can't see the game being on myself, which is a shame.

Last edited:

tim78

Out of health and safety of people getting to and from the rink. It’s sensible to call the game off. It ain’t exactly going to warm up by tomorrow
I'd say the best the club can do is confirm the conditions around the rink a few hours before. If it is good to go with warnings and likely hood some fans are stuck then a free webcast to ticket holders would be a top gesture.

I don't see it being that bad tomorrow but do realize some aren't that mobile and will feel/be more vulnerable in this weather.