Pre-season games

Even though we lost yesterday it wasn't as though we rolled over for them, I'll happily take a loss where we are more physical than an easy win with no physicality.
Sorry if I’ve mis-read this, but you’d rather we lose as long as you’ve seen some big hits instead of win a straightforward match? It’s an interesting view - I love watching an entertaining physical game but the wins are what makes a team successful. Would many fans be happy watching a team of hard hitters that finish near the bottom of the league and get beat most weeks?

Sorry if I’ve mis-read this, but you’d rather we lose as long as you’ve seen some big hits instead of win a straightforward match? It’s an interesting view - I love watching an entertaining physical game but the wins are what makes a team successful. Would many fans be happy watching a team of hard hitters that finish near the bottom of the league and get beat most weeks?
Manchester were

ASHIPP

The pre-season games serve to test the fitness levels of players, practice tactics and formations and for the coaches to look at line combinations/chemistry. It's such early days - the new guys have been practising and playing with the rest of the team for less than a week. They will have learnt a few things to fix already.

GOAT is being rested because of a niggle but when he is fit to play, the lines will settle down. Would like to see the emergence of a true sniper type of player to take chances buzzing around the nets. Some other teams seem to have one. Last night it was refreshing to see our face-off success rate (McNamee is already a worthy Ulmer replacement) but the players didn't seem to be able to keep the puck for long and spent a lot of time chasing to win back possession. Ferhevar played a clever game... everytime the Devils forechecked, the opposition simply passed the puck back through their ranks to recommence their attack. They were more successful with their chances.

Look forward to the Panthers next weekend. One or two markers put down? Anyone think Thomas Murdy might get some icetime?

mjh

I'd like to see a sniper on our first line in the future. Not sure we've had someone in that role for a while. Team look good to me. I'm hoping the new Dmen settle quickly as I didn't feel I saw anything exciting from them on Saturday. Don't get me wrong, they were solid but I would like to see how they do contributing to offence. Perhaps it was where I was sitting! Also, Benti looked awesome this weekend. He's such an important player for us. Can't wait to get the Goat on the ice and the meaningful games underway.

Swarley

Sorry I realise it came across as I'd be happy to lose, it wasn't what I meant.
I'd rather have a team that puts the effort and the hits in win or lose, rather than it be a walk in the park and have it handed to us and not show off the skill the players have.

Sorry I realise it came across as I'd be happy to lose, it wasn't what I meant.
I'd rather have a team that puts the effort and the hits in win or lose, rather than it be a walk in the park and have it handed to us and not show off the skill the players have.
I can see what you're saying... But give me a win and 2 points anyway or how it comes!

Paul Sullivan

One thought that stayed with me over both games considering the pace and quality of the contests - that was a roster without Evan Mosey and Joey Martin.

Wow.

Swarley

One thought that stayed with me over both games considering the pace and quality of the contests - that was a roster without Evan Mosey and Joey Martin.

Wow.
Mosey and Martin in that squad on Saturday would of been insane, I can't wait for them both to be healthy and back on the ice.

osh

Mosey and Martin in that squad on Saturday would of been insane, I can't wait for them both to be healthy and back on the ice.
Yeh, if’s but’s and maybe. Effectively we were missing one player in Martin. Mosey is a long term injury and likely to be out well in to the new year ( would love to see him back a lot sooner ) I think the opposition would have taken more out of the weekend games to be honest. We still went with 4 lines against their 2 1/2. They only had 13 skaters ( they had 14 in total but I don’t think one of them iced more than 2 shifts ) I would expect to see a definite improvement for the Panthers games. Very early days of course and plenty of time for the team to gel over the next week or two both on and off the ice.