Pre season

osh

Thread starter #1
Amazing we seem to be concentrating so much on various topics such as the new cafe ( good luck jc23 by the way ) parking, training jerseys etc and not a mention of the two games that kick off our season after waiting so many weeks since the play off final !! So, bearing in mind Lord will be trying various combinations this weekend, I am obviously hoping for 2 wins but would settle for a close away defeat and a convincing home win.

Pondlife

We're still one D signing down as it stands. I'm hoping Lordo gets enough out of the next two weekends to establish lines and that's it. CHL is approaching and as excited as I am to be back in my seat watching hockey, pre season is just training to be honest.

Wannabe2

Devils v Panthers in my opinion is far from a training stint, there again I am a bit of a hockey nurd, but so are all those fans travelling to Nottingham, think they may just see it as a bit more than a training outing. Teams will be wanting to put their stamp on this one.

august04

I remember looking forward to last years pre-season game against Panthers, then they turned up at IAW with about 6 imports missing.

All our guys are in chaps. Nottingham's Kovacs the last to be here I understand. At worst perhaps one short if any. New coach, new ideal etc...so hopefully a good representation of us this seaon.
On a personal note can anyone help me with a copy (or how to get one) of the game sheet (or as near as one) so I can keep up with my personal stats at home.
I am after Nottinghams goalie stats and players points (goals/assisits/Pims) after a run down of dressed players.Cheers

All our guys are in chaps. Nottingham's Kovacs the last to be here I understand. At worst perhaps one short if any. New coach, new ideal etc...so hopefully a good representation of us this seaon.
On a personal note can anyone help me with a copy (or how to get one) of the game sheet (or as near as one) so I can keep up with my personal stats at home.
I am after Nottinghams goalie stats and players points (goals/assisits/Pims) after a run down of dressed players.Cheers
Panthers are without Henderson and Rissling. Kovacs is here but has only been here around 24 hours or so, probably won't play a huge part. I'd expect Tetlow and Kelsall to be playing tonight and tomorrow too.

Panthers are without Henderson and Rissling. Kovacs is here but has only been here around 24 hours or so, probably won't play a huge part. I'd expect Tetlow and Kelsall to be playing tonight and tomorrow too.
Your correct, I noticed this after posting...also regards the two young guys (Tetlow/Kelsall) who bench for us.Hazledine not there tonight? Another of the youngsters.

Wannabe2

Ended 5-5 we rested Martin, Ulmer, Myers and Bowns, and Faryna went off hit in head with puck in 2nd and didn’t return. New guys all looked very good, Linglet is pure class, and RUTKIS looks every bit a elite player.

Devil_Abroad

Panthers were VERY physical tonight. Games against them are going to be fun.
Not for those at the end of those crunching checks! Lol

Mid you, Dixon hits harder than Faryna! Yowzer does he drive though.

Panthers are huge, physical, direct, but also quick. Teams are going to spend all night trying to keep them out of the crease.

Wow, what a great season ahead!

Slartibartfast

Im really encouraged by this result. Not just because we were missing 5 players but that fact that we came back. It shows the team still has the spirit and determination that they had last season. Really pleased for Rutlkis. Shame panthers don't video it. Sounds like it was a great goal. Can't wait for tonights game.

Devil_Abroad

Im really encouraged by this result. Not just because we were missing 5 players but that fact that we came back. It shows the team still has the spirit and determination that they had last season. Really pleased for Rutlkis. Shame panthers don't video it. Sounds like it was a great goal. Can't wait for tonights game.
They do video it - hopefully goals will be published later today or tomorrow

It was a real good game for a pre-season game.

Murdy looked very good in net for you guys, he conceded a couple of soft goals which he'll want back for sure but overall he was superb.

I hope Faryna is okay, looked very nasty with lots of blood.

Speaking of Blood, I wasn't overly impressed with Ben Blood. Probably just needs to get up to speed. Seemed like he had a good pass and played fairly physically but when pressured he struggled and I'd say he has a very aggressive streak to him too which could be problematic.

Linglet looked good when on the puck but he's got a big mouth and needs to shut it. He got livid with the officials in the second period and took a couple soft penalties, going to be a long season if he doesn't restrain himself.

Overall though, Devils looked good. Without some of their best players and Bowns. They looked very quick on the breakout and just genuinely dangerous when on the attack. Defending was the only real problem for them, Panthers pressure very hard and Devils choked the puck up more times than I can remember.

I know it's only pre-season but signs from both teams are very promising, lots to work on and tweak but good overall!

When your play in the khl and see the officiating 9ver there.
Then you end up over here and see the bag of crap we have to put with I would be pissed off too.