Prpich released...

well there we have it...i wouldnt say im shocked about his off ice attitude. i dunno what to think about it all...can we get someone who is a better player than him the same amount of money? i dont think there will be many happy fans around this tho.

Rempel16

Interesting but like the press release states, its not the first time this sort of thing has happened. Shannon had a bit of a to do with Rick Brebant iirc. Devils management sided with Shannon at the time even though Brebant was our top scorer.

Brebant said bye bye and I don't think anyone in Cardiff has regretted that choice!!!

What options does Prps have now? Maybe Newcastle or Edinburgh... Or even Nottingham

stewie griffin said:
What was his off ice attitude like then for him to be gassed?? :?
he just never seemed the type to interact with the fans, and he seemed a bit strange..i dunno..there was something which wasnt right...

Spatzy said:
stewie griffin said:
he just never seemed the type to interact with the fans, and he seemed a bit strange..i dunno..there was something which wasnt right...

Didn't he like your Dragon outfit? lol

Chelios24 said:
Spatzy said:
stewie griffin said:

Didn't he like your Dragon outfit? lol
who didnt like it? lol anway keep it on topic! :p

wildthing74

Strange one this.Surely any attitude problems would have been know from the last 2 years and certainly before offering up a new contract for next season.Thought that was the reason we brought him back was his good attitude when he got injured?
Must be more of a big bust up than a general attitude problem cos if was an ongoing problem form before then you would have to question why he would be given another contract so early in the off season.

Spatzy said:
who didnt like it? lol anway keep it on topic! :p
Get back to work then! lol!

Lets hope G can find a great replacement! Who knows, we might find a great player who plays cos he loves the game and not the pay packet! (we can hope!)

wildthing74 said:
Strange one this.Surely any attitude problems would have been know from the last 2 years and certainly before offering up a new contract for next season.Thought that was the reason we brought him back was his good attitude when he got injured?
Must be more of a big bust up than a general attitude problem cos if was an ongoing problem form before then you would have to question why he would be given another contract so early in the off season.

rumour is it was a bust up between prps and hartwick...if this is the case, who would we rather of kept? prps or hartwick?

James

Administrator
Spatzy said:
rumour is it was a bust up between prps and hartwick...if this is the case, who would we rather of kept? prps or hartwick?
That's not the way it works though is it. How did they both conduct themselves is what counts I guess.

Yea, heard the bust up was with Hartwick and Prps.

Im not overly disappointed with Prps going. For me he looked sluggish towards the end of last year, maybe his knee was weakening who knows. Hartwick seemed to get better as the season went on and also helps out alot off-ice and also has his studies here.

Ive got faith in G's ability to recruit, and I'd much rather him act now than pay what I assume is decent money to a cog in the team that isn't fitting.

Saying that, good luck wherever you go Prps, just as long as it's not when/if you play against us!

Max

I'm actually not that bothered, he was rubbish in the play-offs and went way down in my estimations for not looking like he cared. A team is what wins you trophies not individual players. I'm certain there are better players out there too, its just a case of finding them and persuading them to come here. :D

Finny

I too thought Hartwick was under-rated last season. Solid and unspectacular.

I would also be more confident of finding a scoring physical winger than a sold Dman.

It will be interesting to see what the overall feeling is on this departure - as his re-signing did divide the fanbase at the start of the season.
Something which apparently upset Prpich himself - so I guess he reads this forum too . . . . . . . .

ASHIPP

As was stated in the press release, 'no player is bigger than the club'. Teamwork and the ability to bond with the other guys, is a very crucial factor in the success of a team. If whatever has gone on can be perceived as potentially damaging to that goal, then something had to be done. Players also represent the club off-ice too - their 'duty' never stops really as the public face of the Club. :cool:
Prps is a very talented player and I am sorry to see him go. Hope he will have continued success elsewhere and I wish him well. He has made a great contribution to the team in 2 years but I also felt that towards the end of last season, even if he wasn't physically up to par, he looked like he lacked enthusiasm and spark when Jay,the Vother, Matt (Elich), Tyson, G and the other guys were putting in 200%. And some of them had been injured.
This is by no means a disaster. Here is a great opportunity for G to bring in another, possibly unknown, player with potential. The way G has handled the recruitment so far, I've no doubt he is right on the case. :D

Gaz G

Interesting decision this one. To me we cant really fault prps on the ice. I know he didnt show up at the playoffs but dont forget he was still our leading scorer last year.
Off the ice, to be fair i dont know exactly who did what and when last season. I do know however that prps didnt seem to be a stand out guy when he was amongst the fans and seemed very stand offish.
On the whole i think this is obviously a loss to the club points wise, but a sense of team unity is critical over the course of eight months. If prps was a threat to this i think g has made a great decision. I want the players to want to play for each other. One in all in if you like.
Im also not overly concerned that g wont find a suitable replacement, dont forget it's still only june.

I understand why people may be concerned about this but there are still quality players around. Over the years there have always been players who seem irreplaceable who have moved on and been replaced by players who then become irreplaceable to the club. It's a continuous cycle and always will be.

To conclude, i wish prps all the best wherever he ends up and wish his replacement all the best with our great club.
Cheers.