Purely Hypothetical ( am just curious )

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Purely hypothetical how many people who have bought Play off tickets, will still go should the Devils god forbid fail to qualify, also who would go for half price tickets under the same scenario. Interesting.

Kevlar68

My hypothetical answer is if I had bought tickets and the Devils did not get through I would not go as I would then save hotel, travel and spends but only lose price of tickets.

Last edited:

Devils86

Not sure I am able to answer as I haven't chosen to go this year, BUT if I had and we didn't qualify I'm not sure I could handle the smug Steelers and Giants fans (it just gets under my skin) so I would probably do as Kevlar as cut my losses on the overall spend. (there would likely need to be a LOT of drinking to handle said opposition fans)

Generally as soon as the Devils' season is over I shut off from hockey as its a long hibernation for off-season.

BostonBart22

Semis and final on premier sports, it's a no brainer for me ..all it will cost me is alcohol content in the house . Wasn't going in first place by the way....may travel up for 3rd and 4th place game of course. Lol

Diafol

If, as in the hypothetical example given, you've bought tickets and booked a hotel, I genuinely can't understand why you wouldn't go.
Always had a good weekend at POFW regardless of how we've done, including the 2014 season when we finished 9th.

That's not to say I agree with the pricing policy this year.
As I've stated previously here, I think that not doing kids / family / concession tickets is a downright disgrace and fully appreciate I might be sat in a half empty block.
I don't blame anyone for voting with their wallets and not buying tickets, but I'm still going and planning to enjoy a much-needed weekend away.

kettdevil1

If, as in the hypothetical example given, you've bought tickets and booked a hotel, I genuinely can't understand why you wouldn't go.
Always had a good weekend at POFW regardless of how we've done, including the 2014 season when we finished 9th.

As I've stated previously here, I think that not doing kids / family / concession tickets is a downright disgrace and fully appreciate I might be sat in a half empty block.
I don't blame anyone for voting with their wallets and not buying tickets, but I'm still going and planning to enjoy a much-needed weekend away.
Spot on for me

E.D.S.

Agree. It's a cracking weekend. The hockey is what brings everyone together, regardless of who's playing. That's what makes the price hike so gut wrenching. I can't remember when I started going but disappointed to not be there this year.

Would love to see a massive banner unfolded and passed around the arena before every game calling out the League live on Premier Sports. I'd contribute money to getting it made.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #10
Apparently yes both semis and final, and seeing as it’s the Premier Sport league it couldn’t be anything else.