Red Bull Salzburg Vs Devils -Thu 6th Sept 2018 / 7:30pm (CEST) - CHL

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
index.png
Devils travel to Salzburg for their return match. Should be another cracker and if you aren't heading over is viewable on Freesports (Freeview HD channel 95, Sky channel 422, Virgin TV 130/553, FreeSat 252, TalkTalk 95, BT Vision channel 95 ) from 6.25

Devil94

Does anyone know the travel arrangements for the team? I know last year they had quite a long bus trip between Davos and Liberec, and this year there's no flights between Salzburg and Bern. I'm guessing they leave today or tomorrow?

BostonBart22

Does anyone know the travel arrangements for the team? I know last year they had quite a long bus trip between Davos and Liberec, and this year there's no flights between Salzburg and Bern. I'm guessing they leave today or tomorrow?
Just seen the team leaving IAW bout 15 mins ago .good luck to all travelling. Be loud and proud

Kevlar68

People can slate me all they want to on this but we can upgrade on Bowns in the summer. He is slowly getting out of his depth, especially in the CHL. Salzburg aren’t even that good, it’s just we’ve been crap!
I don't see why you should be slated, its a forum and everyone allowed a opinion.

CaldicotDevil

People can slate me all they want to on this but we can upgrade on Bowns in the summer. He is slowly getting out of his depth, especially in the CHL. Salzburg aren’t even that good, it’s just we’ve been crap!
I agree Bownsy hasn’t had the best tournament but he’s been outstanding for Cardiff & GB last couple of years, Wouldn’t want to see an import replacing him. The biggest problem is we’re missing Hotham and his creativity. He might of been a lazy trainer but he had this amazing habit of popping up with a huge goal or defense splitting pass when we needed it the most.

RedDevil17

It ain’t offensive d men we’re missing. It’s netminding that’s the difference.
Agree with this, next year we should sign a top Brit like Sullivan, Dowd or Farmer which would allow us to bring in an import netminder to rotate with Bowns. It's clear Lord doesn't trust Murdy which is very strange! Bowns has it easy

august04

Bowns was OK tonight (but he doesn’t look comfortable at the moment), just one that he’d really want back I think but goaltending was a key difference with Herzog playing well again. But our goaltending hasn’t been great in pre-season and the CHL games, which is worrying. Our duo are good enough for the EIHL but we’re coming up against much better netties in the CHL, as you’d expect really. Yet again, we give a cheap lead away - you just can’t do that at this level. A spirited comeback from the Devils and we played some good stuff in the second half of the game but we left ourselves with too much to do, yet again.
We are missing Hotham too, agree with that, and I hope his replacement will be in soon - but thanks to Parisi whose departure has really screwed our European campaign.

Pope#42

Firstly, hats off to the travelling supporters - heard you all singing loud and proud on the television which must have helped cheer on the boys. Safe journey home for you all (or on to Bern).

Secondly - disappointing that we couldn’t pull it out of the bag. Whilst Salzburg are a good team I think the score line flattered them. We had many opportunities, particularly in the second and third but once again Herzog had an outstanding game. Once again, Bowns did make some crucial saves but I’m not seeing the same Bowns that played outstandingly for team GB - and I worry what these games are doing to his confidence.

On a final note - so happy to see Myers back. I’ve really missed seeing him play as he is extremely valuable to us.