Reddick signs with Atlanta Gladiators

jenks33

Thread starter #1
Mixed emotions for me this one. I can’t fault Reddick’s work rate and effort during his time with devils and he’s a great bloke off the ice. In my opinion though I think it’s the right move for both parties.
I think we’ve all got one or two ex Devils players that we struggled to warm to on the ice and one of mine is Reddick. To be honest unless he was partnered with a bloody good D man I thought he really struggled at times.
As I said he certainly had positives like his work ethic and he seemed like a great locker room guy but we can definitely upgrade on him. I certainly wish him all the best in Atlanta though and thank him for his efforts in a devils jersey.

Wannabe2

Always nice to sign a player who plays and commits like a true devil, and Bryce certainly done those he was a cog in a well run machine. If this guy was 6’4in he would have been Voth Mk 2, always liked watching this lad and he will be tough to replace. All the very best to you Bryce, and thank you for being one of us, take good care buddy.

osh

Mixed emotions for me this one. I can’t fault Reddick’s work rate and effort during his time with devils and he’s a great bloke off the ice. In my opinion though I think it’s the right move for both parties.
I think we’ve all got one or two ex Devils players that we struggled to warm to on the ice and one of mine is Reddick. To be honest unless he was partnered with a bloody good D man I thought he really struggled at times.
As I said he certainly had positives like his work ethic and he seemed like a great locker room guy but we can definitely upgrade on him. I certainly wish him all the best in Atlanta though and thank him for his efforts in a devils jersey.
Couldn’t have put it better. never doubted his enthusiasm or willingness to do his best, but until he was partnered with more experienced D men, he struggled in my opinion. Credit to him, he certainly gave his all and I can‘t ever fault him for that, Unfortunately sometimes your best isn’t quite there. I wish him well in his future.

Kevlar68

He bust a gut every game, work rate was brilliant but not the finished article. Some of our players could have taken a leaf out of his book on work rate, have seen worse come through our doors. Good luck for the future Bryce.

Mooney#16

You cannot have a roster of complete stars in the EIHL. You have a range of guys and despite Reddick being the No 6 / No 7 d man on the roster for the position he played in the line up he did his job and then some so you cannot knock him. If you set him the expectations of matching up to Fournier etc then sure he may be found wanting but against the expectation of a depth d man and out contributing the other no 6 d men in the league he is a guy that would actually prove instrumental in winning you silverware. He didn’t rob a penny in salary of anyone. Good luck Bryce Reddick.

Wannabe2

You cannot have a roster of complete stars in the EIHL. You have a range of guys and despite Reddick being the No 6 / No 7 d man on the roster for the position he played in the line up he did his job and then some so you cannot knock him. If you set him the expectations of matching up to Fournier etc then sure he may be found wanting but against the expectation of a depth d man and out contributing the other no 6 d men in the league he is a guy that would actually prove instrumental in winning you silverware. He didn’t rob a penny in salary of anyone. Good luck Bryce Reddick.
Spot on and very well said, sums it up a treat.

Temme

Others here have said this perfectly, he was the prototype CARDIFF DEVIL, very sad to see him go & a more 'team' player i don't think we'll find for some time.

I can't imagine he was a guy we were paying astronomic wages to, but even if we were he's been worth every penny of his time here.

E.D.S.

Loved watching him and admired his physicality when size was against him. Positionally, great and an energy player. Sounds like he was great in the dressing room too.
Good luck buddy and thank you.

jenks33

Thread starter #10
I agree with most of this but in my opinion it didn't look like he was brought in as a No 6/7 Dman that can also play on the 4th line. He was given so much responsibility in the first half of his first season. I think Lordo saw him as a diamond in the rough that wouldn't cost much but that could develop into a top 4 Dman. When Reddick was given the role of a 6/7 Dman or on the 4th line I didn't have any issues with him. It was when he was given a bit more responsibility that i thought he struggled. I can't fault his effort levels though and he seems like a great guy. As somebody else said he put a lot of other players to shame with his work ethic.