Refs for Finals

kettdevil1

Thread starter #1
Anyone have any preferences for the officials next weekend?

Off the top of my head the Elite refs are:

Hansen
Hicks
Darnell
Smith
Thompson
Carson

They all have their own style and from my point of view I would say that the Smith/Thompson "let it flow" approach suits us rather better than the Carson/Hicks "call it" approach.

kettdevil1 said:
Anyone have any preferences for the officials next weekend?

Off the top of my head the Elite refs are:

Hansen
Hicks
Darnell
Smith
Thompson
Carson

They all have their own style and from my point of view I would say that the Smith/Thompson "let it flow" approach suits us rather better than the Carson/Hicks "call it" approach.

There all a load of rubbish so i really couldnt care less to be honest. Whoever the devils get will ruin the game.

Darnell was a complete joke at the skydome last night,now I am not saying the blaze players are saints far from it,darnell lost control of the game totally last night,near the end of the 1st period pavel gomenyuk of the rays made a dirty knee on knee hit on greg owen on the blue line,darnell was no more than 5 yards away and gave absolutely nothing,ending in owens season 95% over as he has reportedly damaged knee ligaments,a miracle if he takes to the ice in the semi-final on saturday.
As bad as Darnell is the worst ref of the bunch is undoubtedly Andy(or should that be Frank)Carson,he has reffed quite a lot of blaze games this year,I swear to god most of the calls he makes are all in his imagination at times.

refs for the semis should be hanson,smith or thompson,for the final hanson is the best of the bunch

kettdevil1

Thread starter #6
It just goes to show that poeple see things in a different way.

We had Darnell and Carson over the weekend and I thought that both were excellent (apart from Carson's 2 minute "lets try to even things up" attempt at Sheffield)

DevilDom

kettdevil1 said:
It just goes to show that poeple see things in a different way.

We had Darnell and Carson over the weekend and I thought that both were excellent (apart from Carson's 2 minute "lets try to even things up" attempt at Sheffield)
I wouldn't say Darnell was excellent - more he didn't ruin the game for a change. The only difficult call he had (to give Sgroi a 10 minute misconduct) he bottled, however it didn't affect the game that much.