Reviews from Sunday

DevilDom

I am getting really worried by all these reviews going our way. Surely this is building us up for a big fall? :twisted:

Ocko

Good reviews and spot on decisions.

How the Haddad one even came to be reviewed is ridiculous, if the EIHL had to pay for it then more fool them. Benedict skated into his shoulder and Haddad didn't have a clue about what had happened.

At least that'll shut the Panthers fans up about us injuring their players. Nothing wrong with the Hendrikx incident, Haddad collision or any of the others. Robinson was targeted but it's his own fault for retaliating and the Panthers coaches fault for not having a single tough guy to do his dirty work for him.

drainage

DevilDom said:
I am getting really worried by all these reviews going our way. Surely this is building us up for a big fall? :twisted:
Just said same thing on twitter ..... It's very unnerving !

drainage

DevilDom said:
Just said same thing on twitter ..... It's very unnerving !

Ocko

DevilDom said:
I see where you're coming from but I think a lot of our 'luck' in decisions is down to the personnel recruited.

We are by far the toughest team in the league but all our players are mobile enough to be selective with their hits and pull out of them if needs be, we don't have any clumsy big lumps. We also have stacks of depth in our physicality which means one particular player doesn't need to impose himself because half the team can.

We also don't have Brad Voth (unfortunately).

Tyke Devil

I too am amazed the Haddard "hit" was put in front of the review panel.

How anyone watching that game on Sunday thought there was anything worth reviewing on that play must be mad!

Notwithstanding the above, I do like these reviews and the explanations behind them. A step in the right direction.

Personally I don't really care about the spelling errors. As long as the decision is clarified I am happy enough. (Although does make the EIHL look a bit daft..little bit of extra effort by them before posting is all that is required)

The Cage seems to suggest that given spelling and bad grammar you can't take these reviews seriously? Guess the video evidence doesn't count if you can't spell properly then?

Now please...let's have a review system for the officials! ;)

TheStub

You would hope that, as with the NHL, any okay that results in an injury is automatically reviewed. That reduces the chance of spurious reviews or teams holding back to save money.

A quick review with clear outcomes make these great for the league.

It is fair, and I'll glad we are seeing all these injuries reviewed.

I'd guess they also reviewed Lakovitz (can't be bothered to look up spelling) but that is so clear that it doesn't warrant a video.

Devil94

Right decisions for me. Robinson maybe lucky not to get more, but we can't complain, years gone by Haddad would have had a 6 match ban for that.

DOPS videos are great and professional, but the spelling is just atrocious. You'd think that when the main theme if the videos are laws of the game, the word 'illegal' would be spelled correctly.

Have Hope#35

Devil94 said:
Right decisions for me. Robinson maybe lucky not to get more, but we can't complain, years gone by Haddad would have had a 6 match ban for that.

DOPS videos are great and professional, but the spelling is just atrocious. You'd think that when the main theme if the videos are laws of the game, the word 'illegal' would be spelled correctly.
Didn't someone say the reviews were done by a committee in Europe... That could explain the slight spelling errors!

KaneDevils

A very professional feel, except the all ready mentioned spelling.

I however feel, that Robinson has got away very lightly with a 1 game ban, should of been a lot more (4 or 5). Those type of actions have no place in hockey and could of caused a bad injury.
Lucky boy!

I never thought I would live to see the day!
Common sense and transparency - and so far absolutely spot on for me.
Probably the most significant EIHL improvement to date - well done and thanks for restoring some faith in the powers that be!

jimmy snels

Very impressed so far. Really enjoying clarity in the process and analysis of videos. Did panthers ask for a review of haddad incident? Quite frankly ridiculous/childish/sour grapes (or all of the above) if they did

All injuries are reviewed automatically, so it takes out the need for teams to request reviews.

The Panthers saying there was a check to the head on Benedict is out of order though imo.

James

Administrator
bluedevil said:
All injuries are reviewed automatically, so it takes out the need for teams to request reviews.

The Panthers saying there was a check to the head on Benedict is out of order though imo.
As Mr Stub said, I'd imagine any play leading to an injury will be reviewed automatically.

terry hunt

I agree this is a worrying trend.

I expect we will be pay for this later in the season.

Is it possible that Devils players can sue the Panthers for libel?

Have Hope#35

terry hunt said:
I agree this is a worrying trend.

I expect we will be pay for this later in the season.

Is it possible that Devils players can sue the Panthers for libel?
Based on the professionalism and accuracy of the DOPS calls so far (ignoring the European Spelling) if we get punished later on in the season then I'm sure we'll deserve it! To date though the players seem to have been responsibly tough...