Riley Brandt added as injury cover for Lammon

jenks33

Looking at his CV it’s impossible to know what we’re getting here. Hasn’t played much hockey at all in the last 2 or 3 years. I’ve seen a few clips of him on YouTube tho and he certainly looks like an energetic player, some big hits for a player of his size. Could be a decent addition to the third line.

E.D.S.

Gutted for Lammon. I was a big fan of his. I hope this new fella is a big body. We need a presence.

This ownership group is something else. Can’t fault them. They clearly haven’t written off this season at all. I know you should never compare previous owners but we really are being spoilt. So many positives about this organisation. We’re so much bigger than a dodgy ref call last night. Just a class organsation and ownership. Superb!

Gutted for Lammon. I was a big fan of his. I hope this new fella is a big body. We need a presence.

This ownership group is something else. Can’t fault them. They clearly haven’t written off this season at all. I know you should never compare previous owners but we really are being spoilt. So many positives about this organisation. We’re so much bigger than a dodgy ref call last night. Just a class organsation and ownership. Superb!
5'7 and 170lbs so far from a big body. But watching his YouTube clips he could be a fan favourite. Granted they are mostly from 4/5 years ago but the kid likes to throw a hit and seems high energy....some beautiful open ice hits on there! Hopefully he still has this in his locker! Can see him being a bit of a rink rat and a spark player. His stats are strange, but what games he has played at Usports level his stats aren't far off Sanford and Cox's points returns!!

Hedd Wyn John

Tbh I think they're building for next season

I too feel very sorry for Josh Lammon, obviously we all do.
From the moment I gave my critique on him not having enough offensive output for a 3 line team he shoved my word’s back down my mouth and turned it on.
He must be gutted and the coaching staff no doubt the same

jenks33

I too feel very sorry for Josh Lammon, obviously we all do.
From the moment I gave my critique on him not having enough offensive output for a 3 line team he shoved my word’s back down my mouth and turned it on.
He must be gutted and the coaching staff no doubt the same
You weren’t the only one that had concerns about his offensive upside. I did feel we weren’t seeing the best of him in attack tho. I think Skalde saw him as a player that could get 30 points and I’m pretty sure he only had 2 points after 17 games. We certainly saw his potential in those 2 or 3 weeks before his injury

E.D.S.

Tbh I think they're building for next season
There's probably an element of this but there's so much uncertainty each season with players being only on 1 year contracts that each season is an unknown. Add in the impact of COVID and the uncertainty about the future, I don't think they are building for next season. They don't have to dig deep to find more players. I think they are very much focussed on this one.

E.D.S.

5'7 and 170lbs so far from a big body. But watching his YouTube clips he could be a fan favourite. Granted they are mostly from 4/5 years ago but the kid likes to throw a hit and seems high energy....some beautiful open ice hits on there! Hopefully he still has this in his locker! Can see him being a bit of a rink rat and a spark player. His stats are strange, but what games he has played at Usports level his stats aren't far off Sanford and Cox's points returns!!
Oh! :mad:

Devil94

Gutted about Lammon. I said on another thread that he's been our best player for the past month. Scored a few yes, but also the way he just went about his business doing the little things, and being a a very solid player at both ends of the ice.
The new guy doesn't look a like for like replacement, small body and more offensive in style. Has never played a pro game and has played 12 games in 4 years. Impossible to say what we're getting but good luck to the young man, welcome to the Devils.

Devils86

Missed out on the title of the thread: "25 jersey filled again by Riley" would have got a few bites!

I too questioned Lammon's points output but recently he has turned up and the timing on this is awful luck.

These short term injury deals enable the organization to have a longer look at guys they may have shortlisted previously and it can act as a longer try out. So if he performs he could be around next season, if not, no bother.

Earnie

He looks a lively and interesting acquisition! Just been and had a look around Macewan University(Edmonton) website. It would also be interesting to know how the wheels turn to find such a player?

moggy#9

I just watched some videos off him. It looks like he's going to be an agitator, and could be a massive cult hero. I hope that he settles in as quickly as coughler has.

Mazzoak

Lawless proved you don’t need to be a big body to shake shit up, let’s see how this guy plays here before we start climbing up assholes. This season is still a rollercoaster and it’s starting to shape up, players getting into it, coach loosing his head on the bench and the fans are all happy little bunnies..........