Riley Brandt added as injury cover for Lammon

kingmo19.1

Amazing how times have changed …. New guy comes in, plays quite physical then euphoria breaks out. Would be nothing but the norm in the good old days.

How U.K. hockey (and hockey in general) has changed eh!

E.D.S.

Perhaps we ought to be careful. It's the sort of thing that some Muppet will copy and paste onto Twitter and quote out of context.
Have people really been doing that? I don’t do the Twitter thing so I’ll plead complete ignorance and nativity to that. Pretty tragic if that is the case

To be honest, in regard to Brandt, we’ve really only seen him play a handful of shifts and a bit off YouTube.
It’s very early days but I think that the lack of ice time given to him last night possibly shows the amount of faith Skalde has in his actual ability to play any sort of role further than being a body on the forth line that can give guys a rest, throw a few hits and disrupt the opposition in short shifts and get the crowd going.
I hope I’m wrong and there is a lot more to his game, but I’m not optimistic at this point.
I do love being wrong though, it’s something I’ve had a lot of practice at :)

Have people really been doing that? I don’t do the Twitter thing so I’ll plead complete ignorance and nativity to that. Pretty tragic if that is the case
There have been some pretty outrageous claims on here over time and yes, Sheffield and Belfast fans especially seem pretty on the ball with screenshotting them and having a laugh on Twitter

moggy#9

To be honest, in regard to Brandt, we’ve really only seen him play a handful of shifts and a bit off YouTube.
It’s very early days but I think that the lack of ice time given to him last night possibly shows the amount of faith Skalde has in his actual ability to play any sort of role further than being a body on the forth line that can give guys a rest, throw a few hits and disrupt the opposition in short shifts and get the crowd going.
I hope I’m wrong and there is a lot more to his game, but I’m not optimistic at this point.
I do love being wrong though, it’s something I’ve had a lot of practice at :)
There's possibly an element of not wanting to disrupt lines that are currently working really well. Also, last night, we seemed to bed using certain set plays and systems. Maybe he's just not bedded down into those yet.

It's also worth noting that last night was all about our power play. It would be easy for brandt to get into penalty trouble because he's unfamiliar with the general crap-ness of refereeing in the league.

Rempel16

I originally wondered whether he'd be the new Tylor Michel, although I'm now considering whether Tylor had more upside from the off.

My new comparison is with that of Tanner Eberle, who signed for the Steelers in a legitimate checking role but had developed the rest of his game whilst in Sheffield to become a top 6 player.

I'd hope that Brandt can do the same.

drainage

Oh they do …. I think some have devoted far too many hours into trawling the Inferno to post alleged hilarious comments with zero context !