Rumour mill

It just been confirmed that Howletts leaving the Clan and he's been rumoured to be going to Guildford. If Guildford are signing a brit then it probably means they're losing a Brit aka Ben Davies.

Rempel16

I'd rather have Owen Griffiths to be honest.... Not much in it for skating ability, but I think Griffiths has more potential upside as a long term successor to Matthew Myers.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #123
It's clear that our CHL experiences have raised the profile of the team in both good and bad ways, from our perspective. I hope Lordo stats with us, but if he does move on of thank him and wish him well for the future. I'm sure Mr kelman will have a plan, whatever happens.
Prob already gone, not heard much from him or management regarding if he is gonna be returning...

Devilsatw

I said lockdown would be over may/June and it is .

Social distancing will be finished by end of August at latest too
We will have a season don't you worry

Surprised how many people are underwhelmed by the possible return of Ben Davies. I’ve always been a huge fan of the energy he brings. I think we could do a lot worse than Ben on our 3rd/4th line.
I completely agree. Whenever he’s played against us, he is someone I always seem to notice. Would definitely take him

Rempel16

Surprised how many people are underwhelmed by the possible return of Ben Davies. I’ve always been a huge fan of the energy he brings. I think we could do a lot worse than Ben on our 3rd/4th line.
It's a difficult one, as for me personally I think he's a decent player... But when I put together the whole package he'd be more expensive than Owen Griffiths (who I stated i'd prefer), with not much more offensive output, that I think we could better spend around the rest of the team, so i'd see more value for money.

Hypothetically the signature of Ben might mean our budget sees us having to sign a Jesse Gimblett instead of a Justin Faryna.

I also hold that slight resentment that he left us short down the stretch during the record breaking season, and that extra body when Tylor Michel was banned might have given us the single point we needed to win the league. (I understand his reasons, wanting to play etc, but I'm a Devils fan so i hold a selfish view on that one).

pjj365

It's a difficult one, as for me personally I think he's a decent player... But when I put together the whole package he'd be more expensive than Owen Griffiths (who I stated i'd prefer), with not much more offensive output, that I think we could better spend around the rest of the team, so i'd see more value for money.

Hypothetically the signature of Ben might mean our budget sees us having to sign a Jesse Gimblett instead of a Justin Faryna.

I also hold that slight resentment that he left us short down the stretch during the record breaking season, and that extra body when Tylor Michel was banned might have given us the single point we needed to win the league. (I understand his reasons, wanting to play etc, but I'm a Devils fan so i hold a selfish view on that one).
I like both Ben and Owen but Owen has one advantage - age. He would be a better bet in this context for building for the future without overly sacrificing a place to a relatively untried youngster.
Also, the choice (if it exists) could be based around what kind of season comes out of the lockdown. If, as many expect, it will be a season devoted to survival we could possible sacrifice experience (Ben) for development (Owen) looking forward more go 21/22. If 20/21 is to be the usual hard fight then Ben may be a better choice

I'm sure it is 2morrow.
Not sure if you live in Cardiff but have you noticed anything any different apart from a few shops closed? People haven't listened to a word what has been said
A few idiots not listening isn’t the same as lockdown being over. Perhaps you mean certain parts of lockdown being relaxed ? Either way, the number of people dying on a daily basis in the UK is still in the hundreds, so the threat is still here and very real.
Ps yes, I live in Cardiff and most shops are closed other than those deemed essential: I also note that many of the narrow bridges along the taff trail (e.g. the one by pontcanna weir) are still closed due to Covid. I also noticed a large police presence yesterday to enforce social distancing. I also drove through the city centre yesterday and couldn’t help notice queen street and st Mary street looking like ghost towns. So it would seem to me that the vast majority of people are still being sensible and observing both the law and government guidelines

kingmo19.1

You said things would return to ‘Normal’ then when questioned as to your definition of what ‘Normal’ was you refused to clarify!

You’d make a great politician Nostra!

Social distancing will not be over by end of August, wake up and smell the coffee this virus is going to be here for a while and while deaths are still happening there is not going to be any hockey

Wannabe2

Over 200 more people died yesterday , Social distancing is going to be here for a long long time, this deadly virus is still that, deadly and we may not have even seen the worse yet, and to say we will have a season believe you, what the hell are you talking about. We are far far from being out of the woods, this could just as easily be the beginning not the end. I like everyone want this nightmare to go away, but to make a statement that lockdown is over is a total farce.

I'm sure it is 2morrow.
Not sure if you live in Cardiff but have you noticed anything any different apart from a few shops closed? People haven't listened to a word what has been said
Butty you need to make an appointment with spec savers your talking so much crap and making stupid statements are u friends with Boris Johnson lol