Rumour mill

James

Administrator
Was Lord not also in line for a percentage of the club if he completes his contract here? That may hold some sway unless they are swinging big money.

moggy#9

Was Lord not also in line for a percentage of the club if he completes his contract here? That may hold some sway unless they are swinging big money.
I have an idea that clause kicked in after a certain number of years. I guess it might come down to balancing immediate returns against potential returns from ownership years down the line. Of course, given the covid19 situation, who knows what a share in a UK club will be worth. That said, the devils are in a far better position than many.

pjj365

I have an idea that clause kicked in after a certain number of years. I guess it might come down to balancing immediate returns against potential returns from ownership years down the line. Of course, given the covid19 situation, who knows what a share in a UK club will be worth. That said, the devils are in a far better position than many.
I'm not totally sure but IIRC the ownership clause kicks in at the end of next season
As you say though any move would depend on the package and, additionally, how he sees it as a career move in terms of building a CV. He is after all still a very young coach
If he does go one thing is certain - he will go with a shed load of good will

BostonBart22

Thread starter #184
Whatever happens I know that the strength of this organisation goes beyond just one man. If Lordo goes, I'm sure that the leadership team will find a suitable successor and give him the support necessary to carry on being successful. It would of course be a regret that his final game would have been the unsuccessful challenge cup final, and that we wouldn't be able to say a proper goodbye.
You never know lordo may get his team over here for a pre season game in january....

august04

I can’t see Lord ever getting rich from owning a small share in the Devils - but as a young, successful coach looking to climb the career ladder, he could have the opportunity to open up much more lucrative positions in Europe, where he could earn a lot of money. His name is known in EU hockey circles now from our CHL exploits and the Innsbruck job might even be seen as a stepping stone to much bigger and better things for him. There’s always the possibility of returning to the UK too if things don’t work out.

Kevlar68

So there is no official announcement as yet so at the moment Lord is still part of Devil's Org. BUT if he was to go who would we be looking at?

Ex Devil's player?
Another EIHL coach?

Whoever it is think they would have to know how to work within an EIHL teams budget and know the EIHL league.

So there is no official announcement as yet so at the moment Lord is still part of Devil's Org. BUT if he was to go who would we be looking at?

Ex Devil's player?
Another EIHL coach?

Whoever it is think they would have to know how to work within an EIHL teams budget and know the EIHL league.
Think I might be in minority with this one but with his links to other leagues and his skill on the ice I would be happy with Charles Linglet as coach.

Wannabe2

Hopefully Lordo won’t be going anywhere, he is obviously our number 1 and we all want him to stay, but if I had to pick anyone I would seriously consider Omar Pacha, this man is a first class coach, and a very nice human being I believe Pacha with a good budget, which he has never had would be very successful. He knows how this league works, and what it takes to win, he would have my vote.

moggy#9

I would be glad with either Pacha or langlet, however there's also something to be said looking further afield. Someone with experience in, for example, Sweden would bring new ideas. The concern there though would be in dealing with the specufic demands of the EIHL.

I would be glad with either Pacha or langlet, however there's also something to be said looking further afield. Someone with experience in, for example, Sweden would bring new ideas. The concern there though would be in dealing with the specufic demands of the EIHL.
Sheffield have recent history of going down the ‘Swedish flat-pack’ route and the only new ideas those coaches and players brought was finishing 7th!!

P.S. This isn’t having a pop a you moggy#9 but more of let’s all laugh at Sheffield post!

Last edited:
Same account recently tweeted;
Batch to Storm
Linglet to Steelers
Ginn to Us
McLaughlin to Us (or maybe the Steelers) from the Clan
Bowns leaving
Davies signing
Riley to resign

Can't see many of these being true but I do love that someones taking the effort of posting all the EIHL rumours. Helps build excitement in an extended off season.

Devils86

Was thinking over the coaching issue. Of the EIHL group Pacha and thought maybe Dixon at Flames. But the more I think about it the less I think Dixon is an option.

Love the idea of Linglet. Although would like a steady hand along side - who does Chucky do the junior coaching in the summers with?

ASHIPP

Any new coach here is going to be a Canadian more likely new to the League. Would speak English, understand the culture and ethos of a majority of the players on the team. Any Assistant Coach, though, would surely have to be someone who has been at the Club for a while or at least understands the Eihl, the Club workings and ethos.

Josh Batch to Storm.... not a chance!

Kevlar68

I can see the lure of Cardiff to a Canadian coach.

The Arena sells Molson Coors , the oldest Canadian brewing company.
Its much warmer than Canada.
We now have a Hortons coffee shop.
There is a Poutine eatery coming to Woodville road soon.
And lots of people say "EH!"

Why wouldn't they want to come?

moggy#9

Sheffield have recent history of going down the ‘Swedish flat-pack’ route and the only new ideas those coaches and players brought was finishing 7th!!

P.S. This isn’t having a pop a you moggy#9 but more of let’s all laugh at Sheffield post!
Don't worry, I didn't take it as such. My point was that there are different approaches which might be considered.

BostonBart22

Thread starter #199
Same account recently tweeted;
Batch to Storm
Linglet to Steelers
Ginn to Us
McLaughlin to Us (or maybe the Steelers) from the Clan
Bowns leaving
Davies signing
Riley to resign

Can't see many of these being true but I do love that someones taking the effort of posting all the EIHL rumours. Helps build excitement in an extended off season.
MY take GINN to us if Bowns goes, Ben davies take him, and Riley and as capt as it affected the goats game on times i thought...

BostonBart22

Thread starter #200

Ex Devil's player?
Another EIHL coach?

Plus will Piggott be his number 2...