Rumour mill

pjj365

If he is thinking of self preservation I doubt he would chose USA at the moment.

Preserving and furthering his career absolutely and quite right too. good luck to him

Mazzoak

That article interview Lord is quoted as stating “and we will play aggressive defensively."

That will be interesting, that’s what the Devils Organisation wanted......

ASHIPP

For the last couple of off seasons it has been rumoured that Lordo might take up another opportunity. And why not? He deserves it, he's earned it.
So if not this off season, then next couple of years. No secret that might have happened.

He has achieved everything domestically here,several times. It's the right time and hopefully the right opportunity to show what else he can do.

It's still humanly possible to feel genuine affection and sadness for the Club and city he has loved for 6 years whilst being excited for a new destination and opportunity.

Not sure there is anything sinister in that.

Its at times like these colours get shown, rats leave the sinking ship, Captains close the bow doors drowning those expendable crew members, for the greater good.

This week I’ve seen the redundancy process in all its glory, so maybe I’m a bit sore. Those who've succumbed to the process, for all the token gestures of the process being fair, equal etc. The sad reality or not depending on your level of sympathy is that it isn't. Some of the reasons l had have been shocking, when it comes to survival, those I’d never think I’d see putting their feet well and truly onto the heads of others........

So when l read about how “Great an organisation is” my already sceptical brain before this week is even less convinced.
That maybe unfair to the Devils Organisation, 2020 has proven all bets are off.....

My point being Lord may have left because of self preservation. The current threat to the EIHL maybe greater than we all imagine.
Think you're reading too much into this.

Its the nature of professional sport. People are always looking to move up the ladder. Lord to Greenvile, maybe Bowns to Austria, Jardine or Fourns to a bigger European side.

Its also the reason why we can recruit players like Faryna from Dundee

I'm just glad Lord left now with such high regard rather than staying too long and things going stale.

Mazzoak

I can't work out if you're trying to hint at something or not?

If you are, why not just say it?

If you're not, why the rake of posts about what is going on in the outside world that outwardly appear to have nothing to do with what has gone on here?
No I’m not trying to hint at anything, no insider info. Got several theoretical scenarios in my head. All of them though point back to the COVID crisis & all more plausible to me than what was on show today.

matbur

I can see what the above poster might mean with regards to the Covid crisis as it must've figured as an underlying worry - Lordo would have been planning on rebuilding the roster if he was staying, and I definitely think the league and clubs are quite happily downplaying just how serious the issue is. (I think in the next month or so that is going to become apparent and some people are going to be in for a shock.)

However, I completely believe that Lord's decision is absolutely a career pathway decision, given the opportunity to return to North America and test himself as an ECHL coach, and that this would've happened regardless of Covid.

Can't question or doubt his reasoning for a second. He's earned this opportunity.

Last edited:

Mazzoak

Think you're reading too much into this.

Its the nature of professional sport. People are always looking to move up the ladder. Lord to Greenvile, maybe Bowns to Austria, Jardine or Fourns to a bigger European side.

Its also the reason why we can recruit players like Faryna from Dundee

I'm just glad Lord left now with such high regard rather than staying too long and things going stale.
Lord will be Greenville's 5th coach in 9 yrs. There past three seasons have been dire, they'll be expecting results, quickly & Lord won’t have the same fan & owner support.

We shall see.

moggy#9

That article interview Lord is quoted as stating “and we will play aggressive defensively."

That will be interesting, that’s what the Devils Organisation wanted......
I suspect that the standards applied by ECHL refs are probably a bit different to the standards in the EIHL or CHL.

august04

If I was todd I would have said lordo if you want to go on this challenge and it doesn't work out for you, just give me call... we will have you back anytime...
Surely that depends on how the Devils new/incumbent coach is doing! Lord has moved on, the very best of luck to him - at some point we have to also. We might have more time than usual with the season ahead looking unlikely but we have a great future ahead of us still, that hasn’t changed.

Last edited:

ASHIPP

Lord will be Greenville's 5th coach in 9 yrs. There past three seasons have been dire, they'll be expecting results, quickly & Lord won’t have the same fan & owner support.

We shall see.
Sounds like a club that needs stability and a team that needs rebuilding............that is right up Lordo's street. With his experience of building a team from scratch , instilling loyalty back amongst the fans and contributing to the stability of the Cardiff Devils, he will be just fine at his new club. In at the deep end? Lordo loves challenges.

voth26

Don’t trust anyone in business.......

Yeah sorry rambled a bit.

I don’t believe this is a simple case of Lord going to further his career.
What are you smoking, ive looked at some of your other posts on p17 I never heard a bigger crock of rubbish in my life!!. Lord left to pursue his career in a different league with a view to hopefully getting bigger jobs in better leagues. No more no less

Samael

So I was gonna reply on the new coach thread but got to the end and its been locked 0.o

I'm not reading the inferno much at the moment as I've got more important stuff going on as I'm sure a lot of posters on here have with Covid. Someone mentioned Omar Pascha as coach for us. I'd love to see him here, he kept manchester going for a bit and he's done alright in Dundee. I've always thought he does a great job with a small budget and punch's above his weight with a limited roster, possibly something we will need going forward. As long as Paul Thompson is in no way linked to us I don't care, I'd even rather see Corey only good at winning the cc Neilson here than Thommo, who is about 3 years past his sell by date now, and I think leagues and clubs have wised up to that which is why he's "between clubs" at the moment.