Rumoured League Format For 2021/22

moggy#9

Well, that sounds odd. Given that most teams are well into the recruitment process is seems strange to change now. Also, what benefit does reducing the number of Brits bring?

Meridian

I imagine it would have been communicated with the clubs before they started signing their players. It's not necessarily saying you have to have less brits but by reducing the bench and keeping the import level the same teams will naturally favour imports over brits, hence less brits.

RossDaws

Thread starter #4
Well, that sounds odd. Given that most teams are well into the recruitment process is seems strange to change now. Also, what benefit does reducing the number of Brits bring?
My guess is teams might have agreed to reduce roster sizes for the coming season but keep the same import limit. Fewer Brits on teams might just be a knock-on effect of this

RossDaws

Thread starter #5
I imagine it would have been communicated with the clubs before they started signing their players. It's not necessarily saying you have to have less brits but by reducing the bench and keeping the import level the same teams will naturally favour imports over brits, hence less brits.
Beat me to it

moggy#9

Ok, but my point is, what's the perceived benefit? I can't see that reducing Brits helps budgets much, it harms the GB team, and slows the pace. I have my doubts about the credibility of this, but stranger things have happened.

jenks33

Yeah Steve King mentioned 19 players in a tweet last night so the rumours of reduced roster sizes makes sense. So that’s probably our brit pack complete then which means no Myers? So it’s one Import goalie, one import D and 3 new forwards then? Hopefully Haddad being one of those with two forwards that are new to the league.