Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

Devil_Abroad

Not a rumour as such, but something to get this thread going.

With no Andrew Lord on the playing roster next season, we might need a big bodied winger that can play physical and rack up some points

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=7963

He's not going back to Grenoble next year.
We already have Lord’s replacement - and actually an upgrade if you listen to Lord - Faryna

For those that will be leaving we just need to ensure an upgrade there and for me skilled, quick and physical is thumbs up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

I wouldn't be surprised if he signed a contract with us for next season months ago.
But I’m assuming the Devils would not stand in his way if he received a great opportunity elsewhere in Europe - Kelman and Lord always state they want their players to go as high as they can and want.

My feeling is that Bowns loves it in Cardiff and they’re settled now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjj365

Don't think Ben will move abroad yet

His partner has only recently gone full time with her sports massage business which he has talked about joining when he retires. Guess they want to consolidate this before even thinking about moving

I guess its down to ambitions, if an offer comes calling and someones ambition is to be at the top of their game then a big decision has to be made.
I / we would fully support Ben moving up to a better league as a club it's important that young talent can rely on the club to act in their best interests, although I would by bitterly dissapointed if Bowns left for another EIHL club especially the steelers.

Rob Batch

I think Bownsy has a passion for this club which prevents him from leaving. I also think the club woudn't stand in his way if he recieved an offer he couldn't refuse.