Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Rumours only!

If it's confirmed on a clubs website it's not a rumour! Use the signing thread that will be up and running soon.

If it's a confirmed Devils signing, use the thread HERE

If it's a confirmed signing for another club, then use the thread HERE

Let the offseason chaos commence...​

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so a starter for 10. Anyone else get the feeling Lord might be on his way? I may be way off base here and really hope it doesn't happen but something about the weekend and some of the social media messages I've seen made me feel like it might be that time... It's going to happen eventually as he deserves to have a crack at a higher level.

Feel free to delete this if it's too soon...… as I for one don't want to kill anyone's buzz after a cracking weekend

Wannabe2

For the life of me I can’t see Lordo going anywhere, Andrew has a great job here, his partner is from here, he is successful here, he is well loved and admired here, he loves Cardiff and the fans, he has amazing bosses who back him to the hilt. That’s not to say he isn’t ambitious, as he is very competitive, but giving all this success up could be a huge gamble, and maybe a gamble too far. Now I maybe way off here, but security, happiness, success, and hopefully being well payed, might be the anchor in staying here, ambition in a higher league would obviously be a challenge for him, but as a former player Lordo will know you can be here today, and gone tomorrow, and that just might be the catalyst to remain here, let’s all hope so.

jenks33

I think he will be here next season. He will go onto bigger things one day but I don't think it will be next season. If yesterday was his last match as Devils coach I think he would have been more emotional. He was obviously happy but he's a very emotional guy, I think he would have been in tears.

Certainly hope so. Yes Lordo was happy yesterday but again commenting on adversity this season in his interview (BBCWales sport). Whatever that was , it took its toll, hardest season by far as our coach. We should cherish what he has given us, he is a Devil to his core & it will take a lot for him to leave. It will happen one day & he will fully deserve the opportunities offered but hopefully not now!!!

kingmo19.1

I heard the following yesterday from a very reliable source:-

Next season, cake will be allowed into the arena - but only one slice per person. Additional slices will be seized and destroyed!

kingmo19.1

Some gems I heard at the playoffs:-

Pacha to Coventry.

De Luca to us.

Stewart and Garnett to retire.

Stewart (coach) to Leeds.

Beca to Panthers.

kingmo19.1

For the life of me I can’t see Lordo going anywhere, Andrew has a great job here, his partner is from here, he is successful here, he is well loved and admired here, he loves Cardiff and the fans, he has amazing bosses who back him to the hilt. That’s not to say he isn’t ambitious, as he is very competitive, but giving all this success up could be a huge gamble, and maybe a gamble too far. Now I maybe way off here, but security, happiness, success, and hopefully being well payed, might be the anchor in staying here, ambition in a higher league would obviously be a challenge for him, but as a former player Lordo will know you can be here today, and gone tomorrow, and that just might be the catalyst to remain here, let’s all hope so.
Lawless gambled ..we all know what happened!

kingmo19.1

The difference there is that Lordo would never go to another UK team, as that would be a backward step, my gut feeling is that our great coach will be around for awhile, hopefully that is.
Happy Hockey Days
Never say never in sport!

Unlikely to happen, but what if Steelers offered him £5k per week and a blank cheque to build a roster! Everyone has their price in sport!

Devils86

Panthers social media pretty sure Garnett won’t be back.

Also heard some ridiculous (IMO) notion that J Whistle going back to Belfast or Germany, and brother is off to Panthers.

CaldicotDevil

Really interested to see what happens in the off season with Sheffield, Panthers & Guildford. Without sounding arrogant there’s a clear gulf opening up between Giants & Us and the Steelers, Panthers & Guildford. I reckon they’ll going to seriously spend big to catch up.

Also noticed Elite prospect also says Stewart is signed 19/20 for the Panthers. He’ll have some serious connections if that’s true.

I don't think Lord is going anywhere I think a guy like him cannot have 'unfinished business' I think he really wants the CHL qualification and he's really young for a coach, he's definitely going to be a coach in a big league one day but he's still cutting his teeth here and what a club to home your craft with.

hip check

Life is short, opportunities sometimes need to be taken.
You can be happy with your achievements but winners rise to the challenge ..if an opportunity arose that was too good to refuse I believe he would be silly to turn down the offer.

Kevlar68

As for players or coaches moving on I'm sure they would for a new challenge if at a higher level than eihl,it's a no brainer.
In any everyday job if you were offered a position bigger and better than the one you had I'm sure we would move on.

ASHIPP

Lordo would not just depart the Club - the Club would announce it and the ground would already have been prepared ....the fans would have stronger suspicions this was happening.
However, Andrew is destined for bigger things in his career, and this will be on the horizon. I wouldn't be surprised to see some 'succession planning' on the coaching side next season, though, in preparation for any possible departure.

Last edited: