Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

Vogon

Two ways signings are never going to get the fans over excited (like the brilliant Coughler news) but its a good thing for long term player development and having a deal with Bristol who are just across the bridge makes sense. I heard yesterday while at the Bristol rink that the Pitbulls are going into the NIHL National Division which I believe is equivalent of the old EPL. (They are currently in NIHL1). If thats true he will be playing at a reasonable level.
yep the move to nihl is confirmed

Mooney#16

That rumour would probably mean Watson and Bolton leaving Guildford. Interesting to see if either could fit into a Devils D corp. Watson has a lot of potential. Although Bolton would be a more direct replacement of McNulty.

jenks33

That rumour would probably mean Watson and Bolton leaving Guildford. Interesting to see if either could fit into a Devils D corp. Watson has a lot of potential. Although Bolton would be a more direct replacement of McNulty.
Pretty sure Watson has already left Guildford for Innsbruck.

TL91

This is bound to be accurate. Its probably the main reason why the price of a pint (for example) is slightly higher than the average cost if a pint in a bar in or around Cardiff. The profit on the alcohol has to be shared between the two parties.
The price of a pint is about the same as if you go to a gig, the rugby or the football so in that context it’s market value regardless of percentage split

Devil94

Sheffield Star reporting that along with Nottingham, Sheffield and Belfast, we are in the hunt for Charlie Combs.

Assuming Cox and Sanford are back, and will make up the 2nd line with Coughler, will Combs be on our 1st or 3rd? It's an interesting one as I'm not sure he's an upgrade on our 1st, but I'm also not sure he's the type of player we need on our 3rd, particularly if Cox and Sanford are back as I would say they're quite similar. Would definitely add some scoring down the lines though and him with Waller on the same line could be a handful.

My prediction though is that he ends up in Nottingham with his brother.

Wannabe2

Pacha could be a huge attraction for Panthers to sign Combs,but I can see Steelers throwing money at him, he sure is a very good player, but not sure we would go out on a limb for him.

MA18

Sheffield Star reporting that along with Nottingham, Sheffield and Belfast, we are in the hunt for Charlie Combs.

Assuming Cox and Sanford are back, and will make up the 2nd line with Coughler, will Combs be on our 1st or 3rd? It's an interesting one as I'm not sure he's an upgrade on our 1st, but I'm also not sure he's the type of player we need on our 3rd, particularly if Cox and Sanford are back as I would say they're quite similar. Would definitely add some scoring down the lines though and him with Waller on the same line could be a handful.

My prediction though is that he ends up in Nottingham with his brother.
I’m not sure Cox and Sanford will be back.

jenks33

Unless they got a massive offer from somewhere outside the UK that we couldn't match, we'd have to be crazy to break up the CCS line. Guaranteed reliable goal scoring.
To be honest if we can keep hold of Coughler I’d be surprised if we can’t keep hold of cox and Sanford. If I was a GM in one of the better leagues in Europe and I was scouring the EIHL for talent I’d be more interested in Coughler than the other two. Just my opinion tho