Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

Diablo3

I think those recent Devils posts are more educated guesses than rumours. Register the only possible shock. I wonder if Crawford will be a Register replacement after all. I thought it would have been awesome to have them on separate pairings.
Ben Blood still hasn't been announced anywhere....

terry hunt

The more reliable Rumours account on twitter says Louis is coming back. Not a huge surprise I suppose. I would be more than happy to have Louis and Batch back as our third pairing on D.
He has been photographed wearing Devils playoff tee shirts for weeks on the club website.

terry hunt

I see the not so trustworthy EIHL Rumours account has linked us with Ryan Penny who was at Coventry last season. This account also said Dunbar to Coventry, Clements to Belfast etc.
He’s good mates with Crandall so there might be something in it. Third line centre possibly? I can’t see it happening though.
I cant say the name Ryan Penny rings a bell with me is he rated.

jenks33

I cant say the name Ryan Penny rings a bell with me is he rated.
He's got a decent CV (Good stats at ECHL level + AHL experience) I wouldn't say he was one of their stand out players though in my opinion. Reading a few comments from Coventry fans on twitter i don't think they would be too disappointed if he left.
To be fair though he was part of a poor team last season, Particularly the second half of the season. Well their 8th placed finish says a lot doesn't it. That EIHL Rumours account gets plenty of things wrong so it's probably a nothing rumour

jenks33

Apparently Bailey Conger is in talks with Guildford as well. He seems like more of a Guildford signing, if that makes sense. Although we signed a few inexperienced players last summer Guildford do tend to recruit unknown quantities. I think it’s fair to say Conger would be on our third line and I expect us to have a few “finished articles” on our third line, particularly at centre.

Last edited:

Temme

I would agree, but he has only played 12 games in 2 years. Playing the 3C does seem likely taking that in consideration
Good spot. Any clue as to why he took the year out last year?

From what I can tell, he signed in Denmark toward the end of Janauary, played 12 league games and 16 playoff games before Aalborg were eliminated from playoffs.