Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

Rempel16

Has this fella really played something in the region of 696 career games and ONLY been penalised a total of 44 PIMs. That is surely some fairplay record in icehockey. Or the guy is a genius at getting away with the dirty stuff. Lol.
I reckon Richie is close to this, if not less, in more games…

ASHIPP

Josh Brittain (sp) rumoured to be in talks with the Devils. Here's a winning power forward who was linked to the Devils before lockdown.

jenks33

Yes he's been linked with the Devils for a few years. And he's got a Welsh wife I believe?
As you said we’ve been linked with Brittain a few times so it wouldn’t be a surprise if he signs. I might be wrong but something tells me she’s a kiwi but with welsh links? She definitely has a welsh name.

Devil94

As you said we’ve been linked with Brittain a few times so it wouldn’t be a surprise if he signs. I might be wrong but something tells me she’s a kiwi but with welsh links? She definitely has a welsh name.
Primarily a left winger, so presuming Waller will be our 3rd line winger, if Brittain signs he will replace either Cox or Crandall. Not sure he will score as much points as those two but he could play the Andrew Lord role that made his line with Martin and Morissette so successful.

jenks33

Primarily a left winger, so presuming Waller will be our 3rd line winger, if Brittain signs he will replace either Cox or Crandall. Not sure he will score as much points as those two but he could play the Andrew Lord role that made his line with Martin and Morissette so successful.
Tough to know judging by his stats. Only 3 goals last season but I assume he was on their 4th line and in a better league. You don’t think we could be looking at our 3rd line centre? Like you said he’s a left winger but can play centre.
After all I think Dupont was mainly a left winger that could play centre.

Devil94

Tough to know judging by his stats. Only 3 goals last season but I assume he was on their 4th line and in a better league. You don’t think we could be looking at our 3rd line centre? Like you said he’s a left winger but can play centre.
After all I think Dupont was mainly a left winger that could play centre.
I've been looking around, it's only on EP it states he can play center. Every other reference has him down as a LW. He might have played center at some point, but for me he doesn't sound like a natural centreman to win face offs and play both ends of the ice like you'd want on your 3rd line, like Dixon or Myers.
Last season stats not great but 1 year in a new league can be tough to judge. I think if you look at his ECHL stats and in Germany there's potential there for him to play top 2 lines here. Bigger players can also be effective in ways that doesn't necessarily show in stats, and if he gives Reid or Coughler more time to shoot then their points will increase playing with him.

Last edited:

jenks33

Crandall is the only forward I’ve heard nothing about regarding next season. Unless I’ve missed something? There have been rumours and whispers that Sanford and Cox will be back but nothing on Crandall. Isn’t he getting married soon? Maybe they’re ready to settle back in the states. So possibly Brittain on the Reid/Martin line, the return of the CCS line and a couple of new guys to play with Waller on the third line?

Last edited:

Have Hope#35

Crandall is the only forward I’ve heard nothing about regarding next season. Unless I’ve missed something? There have been rumours and whispers that Sanford and Cox will be back but nothing on Crandall. Isn’t he getting married soon? Maybe they’re ready to settle back in the states. So possibly Brittain on the Reid/Martin line, the return of the CCS line and a couple of new guys to play with Waller on the third line?
I'd heard Finland rumoured as a possible destination for Crandall but nothing more than that... I was hoping he was one of the players who would come back if Dupont was named Coach as I think he'd be great on the potential Reid/Martin line.