Sam Duggan signs

Superb signing and it sounds like he'll be a Devil for the next couple or 3 years too, studying at University in Cardiff.

I was hoping he'd pop up in Scandinavia again or somewhere like Germany along with Joey Lewis so I'm disappointed he's returned to play in the UK but I'm excited to see how he does.

Devils86

Wow - exciting if true. Be interesting to see if he is our final signing or an additional one.

At 20 he could be doing any degree. Will have to see what Steve has to say if the signing is confirmed tomorrow.

Foxy

Wow was not expecting this.

Under 23 so able to slot straight onto the team a huge benefit.

Looking forward to see him play on saturday:)

Ocko

Superb signing. Duggan is a good player now, in a few years with the right progression he should be one of the top end Brits.

Devil94

So to me it sounds like Batch to stay at D for the year, Duggan to slot in on the 4th line and Rutkis will be called up if there’s an injury?

Devil94

We're allowed to play another import yes, but can't see why we would have made this signing if we were still planning on signing another import.

Gazza272

Thread starter #14
We're allowed to play another import yes, but can't see why we would have made this signing if we were still planning on signing another import.
we currently have the maximum amount of imports we can play.

Parisi was a spare, and the intention was to carry a spare import. With Duggan now signed, I would guess that isn't a priority to fly someone in.

Devil94

we currently have the maximum amount of imports we can play.

Parisi was a spare, and the intention was to carry a spare import. With Duggan now signed, I would guess that isn't a priority to fly someone in.
Ah yes of course. I forgot about Faryna as he's been out. That's something else then, as I was assuming Duggan was a direct replacment for Rutkis.
Faryna was going out with Myers and Moore on the 4th line on the weekend. So if everyone is fit, Moore and Duggan will be fighting it out for the same slot I suppose.

Ocko

Logic for me says Moore to slot in on D. The D always get hammered logging huge minutes. If we don’t need to, let’s rest them up a bit. It’s a long season after all.

Also I think it’s in Moore’s personal interests to play D. Whilst doing an excellent job I’ve often thought he’s a little wasted as a 4th line wing.

SteveKing

Very excited about this signing. This one is all on Todd who has been talking to Sam for a number of years. Certainly didn't hurt to have him come in and see the team play last Saturday against the Steelers! I do expect Sam to be with us for a number of years and become another cornerstone for our club if he works hard and progresses as we expect. As we've seen for these last couple of years, having depth that you can roll over the boards one line after another is a huge advantage in our league so having the best Brits is a very big deal.

We obviously love the team that we have this year but it's never a bad time to also think long term.