Scottish Triple Header

Hi folks. Stars fan in peace. I see you guys are planning on leaving Edinburgh for our place at 3.00 for the 7.30 face off. I dont know if any of you guys have been to the DIA before, but generally our rink doesnt have much in terms of things to do before the game apart from a KFC/Mcdonalds, a cinema and a Premier Inn with a bar/restaraunt. depending on where you stay in Edinburgh and traffic, you could make it to Dundee in about an hour which would leave you with 3/4 hours to kill. It may be an idea to get in touch with the DIA to see if they could maybe let you in the rink a bit earlier. If not, our town centre is around 15 minutes away from the DIA and has plenty bars/restaraunts etc. It sounds like a great trip though and im looking forward to seeing a healthy crowd for the game!

Thread starter #45
starsfan said:
Hi folks. Stars fan in peace. I see you guys are planning on leaving Edinburgh for our place at 3.00 for the 7.30 face off. I dont know if any of you guys have been to the DIA before, but generally our rink doesnt have much in terms of things to do before the game apart from a KFC/Mcdonalds, a cinema and a Premier Inn with a bar/restaraunt. depending on where you stay in Edinburgh and traffic, you could make it to Dundee in about an hour which would leave you with 3/4 hours to kill. It may be an idea to get in touch with the DIA to see if they could maybe let you in the rink a bit earlier. If not, our town centre is around 15 minutes away from the DIA and has plenty bars/restaraunts etc. It sounds like a great trip though and im looking forward to seeing a healthy crowd for the game!
Thank you for that, maybe we will leave around 5.00pm then but meet up with you in the rink for a drink before the game.

I have managed to book up a trip up for this really cheap. Heres the costing.

Staying in travelodges and it cost £25 for Dundee (fri), £20 for Fife (Glenrothes Sat) and £20 for Edinburgh (sun).
£30 per person (x3) for diesel :D so for £100 we are getting this trip done which I guess is as cheap as you'll find :D Hotels will be rubbish but I'm planning on staying in the pubs!

I'm taking two new fans with with me so hopefully a few beers :evil: , stovies and they'll be addicted. lol.

I would have liked to have gone on the coach but family commitments and work meant that the Thursday was a issue.

Hynod said:
Staying in travelodges and it cost £25 for Dundee (fri), £20 for Fife (Glenrothes Sat) and £20 for Edinburgh (sun).
£30 per person (x3) for diesel :D so for £100 we are getting this trip done .
Are you from the south wales area? Just had a look on Google maps and your looking at around 900-1000 miles so think you may have underestimated on the diesel unless you have a ridiculously fuel efficient car. Google seems to more like £200.

Still - good option if you don't mind driving all that way and can't do the bus.

ledgend777 said:
Hynod said:
£30 per person (x3) for diesel :D so for £100 we are getting this trip done .
Are you from the south wales area? Just had a look on Google maps and your looking at around 900-1000 miles so think you may have underestimated on the diesel unless you have a ridiculously fuel efficient car. Google seems to more like £200.

Still - good option if you don't mind driving all that way and can't do the bus.
6-700 miles to a £70 tank, that's what my mate told me. Don't know what he's driving. An extra £20 would still be ok though. Just happy to be going.

Thread starter #59
I HAVE HAD A NUMBER OF CANCELLATIONS FOR THE SCOTTISH TRIP. SO IF ANY OF YOU ARE THINKING OF GOING PLEASE CONTACT ME. WE HAVE 79 NAMES CONFIRMED AND THERE IS ROOM FOR ANOTHER 17.