Season Cancelled

Finny

There ain’t no league position . The league is cancelled
Apologies for being a stats pedant but you are wrong.

The league is not cancelled. The remaining matches are cancelled.

All game results remain valid. All player starts remain valid. All league position remain valid.

As it stands, we finished the season in 1st place. We might not be declared league champions as the league campaign was not completed, but that does not affect our league position.

Eynonz

I really hope this loss of revenue for some teams doesn't cause them to drop out of the EIHL... It would be a real shame to lose any team.

Leighton

Canadian government is urging anyone who has travelled outside of canada to voluntarily self isolate for 14 days on their return so there are gonna be a lot of hockey players sitting at home if they come home early.

in all seriousness this is a financial disaster for cardiff let alone the smaller clubs. if the rink and/or committee takes the decision to halt juniors training (which it hasnt but it might) then the loss of revenue from the juniors and the senior games will be damaging for years to come.

CaldicotDevil

Canadian government is urging anyone who has travelled outside of canada to voluntarily self isolate for 14 days on their return so there are gonna be a lot of hockey players sitting at home if they come home early.

in all seriousness this is a financial disaster for cardiff let alone the smaller clubs. if the rink and/or committee takes the decision to halt juniors training (which it hasnt but it might) then the loss of revenue from the juniors and the senior games will be damaging for years to come.
This is my biggest concerned. The arena teams could probably take this on the chin however this could really hurt Manchester, Fife & Dundee. Fingers crossed they'll get through it. The EIHL can't afford to lose any more teams.

Imp

the money eihl should get back from the motorpoint for cancelled playoffs could be shared amongst all clubs involved..
Why would Motorpoint refund based on EIHL's decision (taken against current official advice)?

Not saying that it cannot or will not happen, but it seems a strange assumption.

Kevlar68

Whether the playoffs are cancelled or rescheduled they will still have to dish out refunds. The new dates may clash with work, holidays etc so there will definitely have to be refunds issued no matter what.

Please, for obvious reasons let’s not allow this thread or even this forum to be distracted by speculation and endless discussion about monetary refunds and liabilities.
The situation we ALL find ourselves in much more serious than that!

Thanks in advance

Kevlar68

Please, for obvious reasons let’s not allow this thread or even this forum to be distracted by speculation and endless discussion about monetary refunds and liabilities.
The situation we ALL find ourselves in much more serious than that!

Thanks in advance
Sorry to disagree but this thread is headlined "season cancelled" so it can include any subject linked with the season being cancelled. It's a forum for any opinions linked to a subject headline. So this subject can be about player welfare and health, fan welfare, arena losses, travel plans, ticket refunds etc etc

Wannabe2

Sorry to disagree but this thread is headlined "season cancelled" so it can include any subject linked with the season being cancelled. It's a forum for any opinions linked to a subject headline. So this subject can be about player welfare and health, fan welfare, arena losses, travel plans, ticket refunds etc etc
Correct, we are all talking to each other, it’s a forum a hockey forum let’s talk hockey in all it’s forms.

Wasn’t aimed at you in particular and on the whole I agree with most of your sentiments, the exception being that the season has been cancelled on public health grounds and to potentially save lives of the old and vulnerable and as such I think that talk of refunds and money’s owed is distasteful !
But that’s just my opinion,if I’m in a minority of 1 so be it.

Kevlar68

We all know the seriousness of the virus it's on every news outlet TV, net and papers no one is denying that or making light of it BUT there will be some people who may have saved up all season for their family to go to playoffs. Travel, hotels, and 4 weekend tickets, that's allot of money for some families just to shrug off, some may not be as fortunate as others financially so a refund to them would be a big deal. At least if they did get a refund it's a positive note for the family in such negative times.
I didn't take offense or think it was aimed at me I was just replying to your post.

Last edited: