Season Cancelled

Imp

The tickets aren't really an issue. Most (if not all) of that will get refunded. If given the option of just rolling the booking over to next season, I'll take it (such good seats). In practice, that's probably more hassle than just refunding everyone.

A lot of us are going to lose money on hotel bookings. It's offset, maybe, by not having to pay travel, parking, food, merchandise, etc, but I suspect the financial hit comes on the POFW accommodation.

It's just a thing. Might even be some positive media exposure for the league in all of this.

Seen a few suggestions that a couple of EIHL clubs will REALLY miss the funds from losing the last few weeks of the season, so that's a worry too.

Be interesting to see how this all pans out and what people come up with to turn it into a positive.

Most of the major hotel chains have modified their cancellation policies. I had (non refundable) bookings in Dundee this Sunday and Glasgow on the 25th. My flight to Scotland on Sunday went down the pan with Flybe. Train companies at the moment are acting as business as usual, so might have to take those on the chin. Just got to make the best of it.

terry hunt

Our financial loss will be high for the club and us as individuals but it pales into insignificance compared to other losses.
A number of our import players have young families we see on the ice every game.I hope the club will be able to get them home safely
if that is what they want.
Comments by people about "not serious, not many dead,not as bad as flu" a few weeks ago similar comments were made about Italy.

Imp

Looking at a few stories from the football sphere, I am suddenly very grateful that we don't have promotion/relegation to deal with in EIHL.

We can argue the toss forever with Steelers about who would have finished on top of the league. Stars can tell the world that they'd have won POFW20.

if football can't finish the season, then suddenly the legal teams are deployed in endless disputes over who's been robbed of a promotion or unjustly relegated.

season cancelled, therefore NO league winner....Current Champions Belfast Giants surely take the CHL place they gained last season by winning the league :D:D.........bait cast, awaiting bites:D:D

Kevlar68

season cancelled, therefore NO league winner....Current Champions Belfast Giants surely take the CHL place they gained last season by winning the league :D:D.........bait cast, awaiting bites:D:D
That's fine by me they can then lose more top players and drop further down the league like this season. :cool:

Finny

Just being pedantic, the season wasn’t cancelled. The remaining games were. If the season was cancelled you’d have to cancel Sheffield’s CC victory but that won’t happen. League games have been played and the season ended, so you can’t say Belfast are reigning Champions either.

It does mean though as the playoffs never started our reign as Playoff Champions does continue.

Finny

Looking at a few stories from the football sphere, I am suddenly very grateful that we don't have promotion/relegation to deal with in EIHL.

We can argue the toss forever with Steelers about who would have finished on top of the league. Stars can tell the world that they'd have won POFW20.

if football can't finish the season, then suddenly the legal teams are deployed in endless disputes over who's been robbed of a promotion or unjustly relegated.
My guess is that football seasons will be completed, whether it be behind closed doors or in 6 months time.
If they don’t and titles are awarded without leagues being completed it would give us a valid example for being awarded the title.

Kevin roog

Anyone looking to get a refund for away tickets . I don’t mind devils keeping my £300, but I want my £75 back off Nottingham, anyone in the same boat

Diafol

I booked tickets and hotel for the last game of the season in Sheffield.
Looks like my hotel money is gone but according to the arena website I should get a full refund for my match tickets:

"Full refunds for the games and any parking (including all fees) will be automatically refunded to the cards the purchases were made on."

Kevlar68

I think when it comes to refunds until each arena releases statements on what the plan of action is each individual will make decisions around their circumstances.
Some can just afford to let the money slide others may be glad of the refund.