SEASON TICKETS..

kingmo19.1

Don’t think these have been released yet, but I am going for a 10/15% increase.
I'd be inclined to think that would be split as …… 5% for kids under 5 who are happy to run around all night and lose interest after the first 5 minutes, 5% on the associated baby sitters and the remaining 5% on trowel decorated, lip injected puck bunnies who also don't know the rules!

Shame it's becoming more a social event than an actual sporting event!

Kevlar68

With every sport that has season tickets with increased sales of season tickets & popularity also comes price increase and with that will also come decline in sales at some point. People will only pay so much and then they go back to picking and choosing games they want to see and save money.

I'd be inclined to think that would be split as …… 5% for kids under 5 who are happy to run around all night and lose interest after the first 5 minutes, 5% on the associated baby sitters and the remaining 5% on trowel decorated, lip injected puck bunnies who also don't know the rules!

Shame it's becoming more a social event than an actual sporting event!
I fully agree with this. I'm not a season ticket holder due to work etc (watch at home if I cant attend) but when I do want to go, I struggle to get tickets and it's quite annoying because I know that there are loads of kids running about, playing on consoles or just in my opinion wasting tickets. I know some parents have to take them but really?

And on the other hand there are also those whom I've sat next to and throughout the game drank lager like it's going out of fashion and took loads of selfies to post on social media because "Ice hockey is cool now" .

Quite annoying.

Have Hope#35

So what's the answer... Ban all kids? Probably the kids who will become loyal fans and travel on the road with them in years to come talking about how good 2015 onwards was! I would say the people you are referring to are in the minority and having paid their money they have just as much right to be there as anyone else. It's unfortunate that some aren't interested but not surprising that they're there as the price of their ticket is a lot less than a child-minder.

This forum is comedy gold,

People who don't 'like' hockey are not allowed tickets?

When I first came to see the devil's, I was not a fan, through word of mouth I came with my partner and got hooked,

Not everyone who comes to a random game will become a fan but surely that's the aim?

The more fans, more merchandise, more ticket sales, more money for the club to improve the on ice product?

So what's the answer... Ban all kids? Probably the kids who will become loyal fans and travel on the road with them in years to come talking about how good 2015 onwards was! I would say the people you are referring to are in the minority and having paid their money they have just as much right to be there as anyone else. It's unfortunate that some aren't interested but not surprising that they're there as the price of their ticket is a lot less than a child-minder.
No not at all. I just think it's inconsiderate to certain parents in treating game night as a creche. And yes I understand new supporters are more than welcome, but the group I was sat with actually informed me that they were only there because it 'was cool on Facebook' and they continued to sit for the full game talking about where they are going to get p***ed after the game.

We were all new once and the club needs to make money, I get that, I didn't say otherwise.

All I said was, I find it frustrating when I can't get tickes when there will be a lot wasted on a game night. Cheers

pjj365

There is a difference between walk ups and ST holders - I.e. the subject of this thread

I would suggest the 15% do not hold STs so there may be confusion here

But the 5% kids running around may be ST holders and as such it is heafty commitment by parents (who are probably some of the 5% baby sitters). Yes they are annoining but I have seen two of our ST holder neighbors turn from annoying kids to committed supporters and part of the solid core of Junior Devils (they can still be annoying - they're kids!) - I'll take that for the future of the club

Kevlar68

At the end of the day whoever gets a season ticket (kids or adults) its money in to the club and whoever has that seat they can do what they want after all they paid good money up front. Its not like the kids are allowed to run riot when puck is in play. I've never seen that. I can't see the problem myself. Better to have the child with a paid for seat there than a empty seat

Season ticket holders Kids or Adults have agreed to pay X amount to the club for the season. Without them the club wouldn't be able to put together the competitive rosters they have over the past few seasons. So these fans that don't know the rules, have you ever considered the sport maybe new to them? After all we all started somewhere in this sport and in all leagues across the world even the officials occasionally get it wrong........
As for struggling to get tickets, it's first come first served. Buy your tickets early and you'll guarantee your seat. I'm sure last season the club were putting tickets on sale 4 weeks in advance, plenty of time for fans to get their seats sorted.

Kevlar68

I don't have a season ticket as in Greece till end of Oct every year but always get tickets in block 3 or 4 no problem, i buy them on the day they released, i have no problem with season ticket holders doing as they like whether its turn up or not. The money gives us the team we have which is more important.

Temme

with very little excitement surrounding the new season due to silence from the club on announcements of players, and no benefit to renewing/buying a season ticket early "early bird discount" it wouldn't surprise me if ST numbers were not growing as anticipated.

Obviously all this will change when a team is announced fully.