Seating advice

Thread starter #1
Hi,
Going to be in Cardiff with family & wanted to take in a game. As a neutral who hasn't been to your rink before can anyone offer any advice on the best blocks to sit in?
Thank you.

Earnie

Parking can be a problem. A large section has been fenced off so our situation is worse than last year and that was not good. There is land and space in the vicinity but seemingly not for parking!

dave

Morrisons are not helping the club with parking this year and also taken the overflow spaces off the flats so they can not use that area either. Definitely one for the Fans Council..
Going to be an issue unless land can be freed for temp car park site either on old rink site or next to the arena

kettdevil1

Morrisons are not helping the club with parking this year and also taken the overflow spaces off the flats so they can not use that area either. Definitely one for the Fans Council..
Going to be an issue unless land can be freed for temp car park site either on old rink site or next to the arena
Has this been confirmed as this is likely to have a big impact on a lot of people.... I always park there, often pop in for a few bits and pieces, then go to the game, seems a very strange decision, especially for Sunday games when the store wouldn't be open.....

pjj365

Plus on Saturdays they close at 8, game starts at 7. How could they police it because they allow free parking for 2 hours..
Do they not advertise that they lock gates 1 hour after store closure. If so - bearing in mind you'd need to park about 630 - job done

Nearly all seats are good I quiet like high corner section, gives a great view of the pad :)

On another note parking really needs to be sorted now...

Have Hope#35

Plus on Saturdays they close at 8, game starts at 7. How could they police it because they allow free parking for 2 hours..
They close at 10pm on a Saturday but I'd still park there anyway... Obviously Sunday's will also be fine as they'll be shut and the gates don't get locked!

pjj365

TBH the car parking thing that really gets me is TRU

Their "catchment" is not only IAW but the Pool and the white water centre. I don't get what they gain (or prevent) by locking their gates. It is seriously antisocial and does not project a socially aware or community based corporate policy. Maybe the Devils could take the lead and point this out

One serious aside as well - parking on the road/pavement will be an issue - remember how traffic wardens came out of the woodwork when the travellers took over the BBT car park. They will no doubt see the restricted parking as the proverbial Christmas and birthday rolled into one

Have Hope#35

TBH the car parking thing that really gets me is TRU

Their "catchment" is not only IAW but the Pool and the white water centre. I don't get what they gain (or prevent) by locking their gates. It is seriously antisocial and does not project a socially aware or community based corporate policy. Maybe the Devils could take the lead and point this out

One serious aside as well - parking on the road/pavement will be an issue - remember how traffic wardens came out of the woodwork when the travellers took over the BBT car park. They will no doubt see the restricted parking as the proverbial Christmas and birthday rolled into one
I believe the ToysRUs thing is probably set by the Council and is a rule to avoid anti-social behaviour (cars racing around/meeting in it). The only way around this I can see is if the Devils were in charge of locking it up on a game night, perhaps agree some sort of partnership with ToysRUs? I may be wrong mind and it could be a rule set by ToysRUs... For what it's worth there is a way out of there too, just aslong as you don't own a Hummer ;)

pjj365

I believe the ToysRUs thing is probably set by the Council and is a rule to avoid anti-social behaviour (cars racing around/meeting in it). The only way around this I can see is if the Devils were in charge of locking it up on a game night, perhaps agree some sort of partnership with ToysRUs? I may be wrong mind and it could be a rule set by ToysRUs... For what it's worth there is a way out of there too, just aslong as you don't own a Hummer ;)
That makes sense but by the same token Morrisons has never to my knowledge been locked and it is far bigger therefore potentially more attractive to boy racers than TRU but maybe the petrol station acts as a deterent

Have Hope#35

That makes sense but by the same token Morrisons has never to my knowledge been locked and it is far bigger therefore potentially more attractive to boy racers than TRU but maybe the petrol station acts as a deterent
I agree and fwiw I think that area is fairly open with lots of residents around due to the proximity of the apartments, the rink and the pool... That makes it less desirable for the boy racers so TRU would probably be ok if left open! Many years ago I worked in Asda Coryton and that was terrible for attracting the boy racers... it's quite enclosed though, in the end they got barriers. I'd personally be surprised if Morrisons ended up locked, Devils Fans parking there does bring them custom as there's often quite a few people in there before the game, me being one of them!

regarding the parking situation. People park wherever they can. A number of times I've tried to park in the designated disabled bay because I have a blue badge and find it difficult to walk without a wheelchair only to find no spaces available due to (I guess you can call them able bodied people) who do not have a blue badge. That's why I try and get there early but I don't always get a space.