"Sellouts"

Thread starter #1
Last night was reportedly a sellout but there seemed to be plenty of empty seats to be spotted around the tent, especially in the corners.

Is this people buying a seat but watching from the Plexi (or bar) or sponsors not taking up their tickets. It seems a shame as there must have been people who would have bought those seats (even if some had reduced visibility).

There were 3 or 4 seats just in the row I was sat and there's always loads in blocks 7, 10 (?) - the coporate blocks. Couldn't the Devils ask the corporate sponsors to give them an idea of how many people would be attending so they could release a few more seats - even if it can be done the day before or something. Seems harsh if people have to miss out when there are empty seats.

steve

It's not just the corporate blocks. Block 2 had plenty of empty seats, and i could see gaps all around the building. Far too many to account for standees and no-shows. :?

Slartibartfast

There can be all sorts of reasons why seats are empty. In my case I bought 2 in block nine because you cant seem to buy standing tickets on line. However as we have a baby in a pushchair I couldn't use these seats hence they were empty