Shirt purchase

Swarley

So which is the correct jersey now, the one with Matzka on the neck or on the chest? or are the players wearing Matzka neck jerseys and fans getting old style neck? or are the jerseys for players and fans the old style neck?
The correct jersey is the players one, the fans one isn't correct at all, from what I've heard it was done differently for fans so they could save money and get orders done quicker *not sure if true just what I've been hearing* the material is also different quality compared to the players one.

Attachments

RedDevil17

The correct jersey is the players one, the fans one isn't correct at all, from what I've heard it was done differently for fans so they could save money and get orders done quicker *not sure if true just what I've been hearing* the material is also different quality compared to the players one.
If true then it’s disgraceful. Mine better be the same as the normal one having waited since August 9th for it!

Devils86

Anyone else compare the red players v replica? (And Black debuts on Saturday)

And are these the adult sizes that people are comparing? Not kid replica v players?

Swarley

If true then it’s disgraceful. Mine better be the same as the normal one having waited since August 9th for it!
All fan replica jerseys are exactly the same as the one on the left of the photo I posted.

Anyone else compare the red players v replica? (And Black debuts on Saturday)

And are these the adult sizes that people are comparing? Not kid replica v players?
The photo is an adult replica not a child's one, the fan ones are exactly the same as the picture on the left shows, they're completely different from actual players jerseys black white or red they do not look like the actual players jerseys they all have the matzka logo on the left part of the jersey while players ones have them in the collar part still.

Devils86

All fan replica jerseys are exactly the same as the one on the left of the photo I posted.

The photo is an adult replica not a child's one, the fan ones are exactly the same as the picture on the left shows, they're completely different from actual players jerseys black white or red they do not look like the actual players jerseys they all have the matzka logo on the left part of the jersey while players ones have them in the collar part still.
Thanks for the reply, would have ‘liked’ it but that may have sent the wrong message!

Swarley

Thanks for the reply, would have ‘liked’ it but that may have sent the wrong message!
Na no need to like the reply I'm just hoping this will set things straight for people who want to know what to expect when they've paid £65-£90 for something that isn't what they originally ordered the owners should address this and the shop really needs to be sorted out.

pjj365

TBF we shouldn't expect the same quality as players shirts with a replica but the key word is "replica" - check a dictionary

Swarley

TBF we shouldn't expect the same quality as players shirts with a replica but the key word is "replica" - check a dictionary
Given that the only difference between last seasons fan jerseys and a players jerseys was the sponsor patch, fight strap and label text inside the jersey I'd say this seasons fan ones are a complete joke, but if you you're happy putting £90 into a jersey that doesn't look like the players one that's your choice and I'm not gonna knock you for it.

But I can't see everyone being happy that they went to the shop on the 7th of August and tried on a jersey to size it up and then pay for the jersey to then only find out the design had been changed without notice or reason why it was done, I've heard different things about why it was done, one was to cut costs and save themselves money and the other was that it was too tight on soem peoples heads.

Either way its been handled badly.

pjj365

Given that the only difference between last seasons fan jerseys and a players jerseys was the sponsor patch, fight strap and label text inside the jersey I'd say this seasons fan ones are a complete joke, but if you you're happy putting £90 into a jersey that doesn't look like the players one that's your choice and I'm not gonna knock you for it.

But I can't see everyone being happy that they went to the shop on the 7th of August and tried on a jersey to size it up and then pay for the jersey to then only find out the design had been changed without notice or reason why it was done, I've heard different things about why it was done, one was to cut costs and save themselves money and the other was that it was too tight on soem peoples heads.

Either way its been handled badly.
I think you missed my point

Yes the quality can, and maybe for fan cost reasons, should differ. Other than that there are many variations in the dictionary definition of replica but the main words which start each definition are

"an exact copy"

Swarley

I think you missed my point

Yes the quality can, and maybe for fan cost reasons, should differ. Other than that there are many variations in the dictionary definition of replica but the main words which start each definition are

"an exact copy"
I think you're missing the part where I said that the jerseys that were on offer during the open training night for pre order are not the same jerseys that are now being sold, regardless of what ever definition you want to go with.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #51
A friends top was ordered on 11th Aug was told 2-3 weeks, 4 weeks later still not there and may get a delivery Saturday but not sure if their top will be on that delivery either.

I've worked in retail and they should know what shirts are in that consignment coming in , example, 20 x Linglet XL, 13 x Dixon L etc etc so they should be able to say if someones top will be in or not, but today they didn't have a clue what was coming in. Bad management indeed.

I reckon they waited to see how many shirts were needed and then placed the order so no over stock instead of just ordering shirts in ready to sell then sending off for name and number and everyone paid in advance so no outlay for shirts.

Last edited:

pjj365

I think you're missing the part where I said that the jerseys that were on offer during the open training night for pre order are not the same jerseys that are now being sold, regardless of what ever definition you want to go with.
Yes I did miss that bit - sorry - but it does reinforce the shambles that exists

Devils86

Think I’ll wait until they are in stock in the shop, can then judge in person whether the quality is worth the money.

Not that it is really relevant (because it’s not the Devils making them) but I’m happy with the Warrior CHL jersey - little steep price wise but overall considering they are printed I’m impressed.

It's not the devils making them no I do understand that, but the jersey on Twitter is my boys. Now I can go to cardiff city stadium and buy a kids Jersey for £2.95 more than what I paid for this. Have it the same day if I go to the shop, and it be great quality as its Adidas and wear it on its own. I am never letting my boy out with just this on as its basically transparent. Also the replica shirts which have differences from the actual kit look almost identical unlike the devils shirts that are completely different. By all means guys go look first, but this is not what we where offered in August and it is the club that has a massive say in this. Club and shop are one and the same when it comes to official merchandise, it's a business and there should be standards.

august04

The quality of that black jersey looks shocking. I wonder if they’ll give refunds for those who ordered, expecting something much closer to what was shown in the shop, which in fairness, looked great. Weren’t the logos/badges supposed to be stitched on also?

Swarley

The quality of that black jersey looks shocking. I wonder if they’ll give refunds for those who ordered, expecting something much closer to what was shown in the shop, which in fairness, looked great. Weren’t the logos/badges supposed to be stitched on also?
Anyone who wants a refund is entitled to one due to the item not being what was originally ordered trading standards would have a field day with it if they refused refunds.

Kevlar68

Thread starter #60
The shop management would have had samples so they would have known exactly what they were buying from the supplier and decided to go ahead with cheap copies. When your a fan you want the top to be as close as possible to the players design and quality.

In Rugby you can buy wales authentic shirts £94.99 or replica for £69.99 but the replicas are identical in design.

Now if you were given an option and you knew the replicas were slightly different then fair enough but to pay then get a different lower quality shirt is in my mind a rip off.

No wonder they haven't got them on the website as people would see they are different.

Last edited: