Signing announcement

matbur

Maybe I'm being pessimistic but i feel/think once this type of behaviour and virus is in society it's here for the long run.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53875189

If you had to ask yourself how long would you reduce living for the fear of dying, a week, a month, 1 year, 2 years. From my perspective I'm young (ish) and probably looking at the statistics would survive. I wouldn't and don't want any one to pass away with any suffering, but I do wonder if I was in the vunerable category could I look out of my window knowing that others who are healthy athletes or young children restrict their lives.

The only view I can hold that makes our worlds actions sound, is that this virus isn't that deadly and is simply a precurser to something worse.
You're not being pessimistic, it's realistic. Until vaccinations are widely available, the level of restrictions won't get much more relaxed than what they are right now. If they do, they will only be temporary and probably localised. There won't be 3,000 people restriction-free in any indoor arena until we have vaccinations.

Disagree, doubt it, fine - but I'm telling you 100% that is how things are going to be.

tim78

You're not being pessimistic, it's realistic. Until vaccinations are widely available, the level of restrictions won't get much more relaxed than what they are right now. If they do, they will only be temporary and probably localised. There won't be 3,000 people restriction-free in any indoor arena until we have vaccinations.

Disagree, doubt it, fine - but I'm telling you 100% that is how things are going to be.
Sorry to distract from the main topic to the peps hoping for the new signing.

More scary is my view that things done on mass aren't done with care, add in the fact people are rushing to get a vaccine out and the worest of soceity tend to attract the opportunist who are willing to push boundaries and with a Government that I feel is the weakest it's ever been on governance, means I would highly avoid taking a vaccine.

Our bodies are the best fighting tool ( I suppose a vaccine fundemental proves that) but giving your body a virus to fight another virus is the simplist way to put it, it worked with small pox, doesn't mean it'll work with the flu.

Yes Virus's mutate so how will a vaccinated virus mutate! We're all different genes, blood, how sure are you that vaccinated strain isn't more deadly to you.

Let's add another Flu strain in the hope it'll cure us... just remember we didn't cure small pox... it was the cow that did it!

kingmo19.1

If a vaccine is proven to be safe and effective then I think you’d be pretty mental not to get it done!

All the anti-vaxxers seem to forget they’ve already had jabs for measles, mumps, rubella, typhoid etc etc and there were not many complaints from them at that point!

When a vaccine is available (I’m optimistic), I can see a lot of crowd based venues then asking for proof of vaccination.

No vaccine = no entry.

Devil94

I think the fact that's there's nearly a million people dead from the virus suggests that the body is not the 'best fighting tool'

I also think that for years and years to come we will need to show a qr code or something similar to prove we are vaccinated to get in to any sporting event, pub, cinema, airport or whatever. A small price to pay to get back to normality.

tim78

Kingmo, calling people who choose to make a concious decission against your isn't mental if they believe otherwise.
I'm not saying you shouldn't take a vaccine, it's my choice not to until I feel/think otherwise.

Maybe some one with more virual knowledge can let us known if the flu is a different beast to other virus's.

Kingmo, calling people who choose to make a concious decission against your isn't mental if they believe otherwise.
I'm not saying you shouldn't take a vaccine, it's my choice not to until I feel/think otherwise.

Maybe some one with more virual knowledge can let us known if the flu is a different beast to other virus's.
Quick and simple answer to your question is Coronavirus ISN’T a flu. It has more genetic similarities to the common cold which has been around ‘forever’ and we still have no cure or vaccination for that!

Kevlar68

I am a medical study patient and have been so for 9 years and have done 13 first in human tests for cancer, parkinsons disease, diabetes etc and 2 for flu vaccines. The reason was given that the virus is mutating so the vaccines need to change with each mutation to keep one step ahead.

Gaz G

So then, before you lot put the fear of God into everyone... Who do we think will be our next signing, even if its announced next July? I'll go for Brent Pope as head coach.

Kevlar68

Taz, and the reason for the unforseen circumstances of not signing was he had changed into a dragon last season from a devil the season before so they're waiting to see if he has changed back into a devil before announcing him.

Wannabe2

So then, before you lot put the fear of God into everyone... Who do we think will be our next signing, even if its announced next July? I'll go for Brent Pope as head coach.
You really are trying to wind us up, ain’t you. That’s a sure way to drive fans away.

Gaz G

You really are trying to wind us up, ain’t you. That’s a sure way to drive fans away.
Yes I am. I know Covid is very very real and it should be in our thoughts when we do even the simplest of things. However it is now doing my head in reading about it on every platform. I've seen my parents once since Xmas. The thought of another lock down and this thing "mutating" is something I'd frankly not have to think about, especially on an ice hockey forum.

Kevlar68

Its every day life I'm afraid, it effects everything including ice hockey and forums are open discussions so anything can be talked about if it relates to the subject. Uou turn TV. Covid, you open a paper, covid, you talk to work colleagues, covid, you talk to family and friends, covid, so forums won't be any different.

Gaz G

Its every day life I'm afraid, it effects everything including ice hockey and forums are open discussions so anything can be talked about if it relates to the subject. Uou turn TV. Covid, you open a paper, covid, you talk to work colleagues, covid, you talk to family and friends, covid, so forums won't be any different.
I realise this. Was simply suggesting we try and lighten the tone.

Kevlar68

We did, but you brought it back round to covid talk if you look in order of posts. All you had to say was "yes I am joking"

Last edited: