Signings Thread - All Teams 2022/23

Yeah I would agree with that. Such a good skater and with recent experience in the SHL and DEL I expected him to get more than 13 league goals at this level.
Yeah, I was really impressed with Boucher, particularly his speed but I believe he played most of the season on their 3rd line and as their top 6 seemed to be scoring for fun.
This undoubtedly had a big effect on his points production but very good player at EIHL level nonetheless!

moggy#9

Clan will be resurgent this season. Will take points off many (including us I fear).
With panthers also likely to be much improved, it's going to be a tough season that'll come down to fine margins. I can see the likes of fife, Manchester, Guildford and Coventry being left far behind.

Diablo3

I see Panthers and Clan having a good season, maybe better that Giants and Steelers depending on their respective recruitment

Mazzoak

With panthers also likely to be much improved, it's going to be a tough season that'll come down to fine margins. I can see the likes of fife, Manchester, Guildford and Coventry being left far behind.
It was very predictable & much needed, the league needs to be more attractive now with Brexit, Ukraine, COVID fall out & the inevitable financial impacts those would create. More excitement for fans will hopefully keep attendance levels up, hopefully increase.
We will need quality on all fronts, especially the coach and goalie ;)

Wagstaff

Back with the Blaze… Johnny Curran returns and Nathan Ripley will now be full time with us, also new signing from the ECHL Garret Johnson.
However gutting that Matthew Thompson is unable to return as he is still suffering from his injury and Justin Hamonic has said goodbye any will stay in North America.

kettdevil1

Back with the Blaze… Johnny Curran returns and Nathan Ripley will now be full time with us, also new signing from the ECHL Garret Johnson.
However gutting that Matthew Thompson is unable to return as he is still suffering from his injury and Justin Hamonic has said goodbye any will stay in North America.
Two big losses and add in Motte and Penny and it feels like a rebuild is needed in BlazeTown

ASHIPP

Two big losses and add in Motte and Penny and it feels like a rebuild is needed in BlazeTown
Danny Stewart has been a good recruiter in the past and Blaze usually have a couple of gems every season. It is unusual, though, for that many players to be leaving at the end of the season...Blaze normally keep a good core.

Losing Ferrara to Panthers must have hurt....I hope he regrets his move to Nottingham because he was excellent for the Blaze.

kettdevil1

Danny Stewart has been a good recruiter in the past and Blaze usually have a couple of gems every season. It is unusual, though, for that many players to be leaving at the end of the season...Blaze normally keep a good core.

Losing Ferrara to Panthers must have hurt....I hope he regrets his move to Nottingham because he was excellent for the Blaze.
I'd forgotten about Ferrara - that is a massive loss. It's too early to make definitive judgements about any team but at the moment I would be a little concerned if I was a Blaze fan. Stewart needs to pull a few beauties out of the hat before the season starts

Finny

What were your thoughts on Penny last season?

Many of us on here can't really remember him but comments on twitter from Blaze fans seems to be they are disappointed to be losing him?

Wagstaff

What were your thoughts on Penny last season?
For me he’s not the biggest loss this summer, that would be Motte Ferrara and Hamonic (and Thompson if he was fit)
For various reasons, I wasn’t able to attend any games last season, but from what I remember from the games I watched at home (so you don’t get the true feel of the game), he was good in the face off circle, played every shift and gave max effort but I don’t think he hit a point per game (and that was in a weak Blaze team).
I think you could call it a safe signing

Devil94

Belfast have signed their own version of Sanford and Cox. 2 good friends who played juniors together, and then strangely both moved together to Uni of Alberta where they played with the real Cox and Sanford.
Also confirmed today Slater Doggett is not returning for them. Belfast almost starting from scratch.