Signings Thread - All Teams 2022/23

Pembo

Me too, but checked EP and it's not on there.
Seems like Clan fans who have spoken to player during season seem pretty confident that he’s retiring due to arthritic issues with his hands. Shame, best name in the league and seems like a really decent bloke.

pjj365

I’m a little on the fence. I think clearly stamina increasingly an issue as players get older, although SD was playing first line due to Dupont’s form and injury at the beginning of the season. I felt there were times pre-Brandt where in some games he was the only forward to consistently bring consistent physicality and could provoke a response from the crowd. We generally did start moving towards a more forecheck/physical game as season went on and benefitted from it. Playoff final was a bit unfair to assess Dixon as he was constantly brought back onto ice when key playoffs needed to be won. He ate a lot of ice time. Also through the season his point production kept up with previous seasons with Devils.

I would have had doubts about SD as first line centre next season but would have been pretty chuffed to have him back as centre for a physical 3rd line. I suspect Davies may be the Brit to make way for another import with us signing Bowns, so presumably need a big body face off monster at this point! All the best to Dixon, I’m sure he’ll get a well deserved warm welcome up in Braehead and when he comes back to IAW.
As things stand import numbers remain at 14 but total game day roster is now 20 so we need 6 Brits - so no need for Davies to go anywhere

E.D.S.

Skalde’s involvement is strange to say the least, what an odd thing to do.
At least we know now what we need to bring in as a replacement - a big face off winner. We put ourselves under so much pressure last year - no more evident that the Playoff Final, where we lost face off after face off. Good luck to him. Im still gutted! Just a classic Devils type of player.
Hopefully there’s another Dixon out there for us.

moggy#9

Skalde’s involvement is strange to say the least, what an odd thing to do.
At least we know now what we need to bring in as a replacement - a big face off winner. We put ourselves under so much pressure last year - no more evident that the Playoff Final, where we lost face off after face off. Good luck to him. Im still gutted! Just a classic Devils type of player.
Hopefully there’s another Dixon out there for us.
To be honest the need for more strength in the face off was evident whether Dixon staying or not - and my assumption immediately after the play offs final was that he'd retire. Also let's not forget that this departure leaves us with a big gap in physicality and the ability to grind things out. There's going to be a lot of pressure on Dupont to pull some big signings at the Calgary summit. Personally I'd be quite happy for him to hold back if it means getting the right guys.

JC23

Joey Martin is Dixon’s replacement.
Without trying to de-rail the topic too much, I’d say Joey was Dupont’s replacement.

Surely when the team was signed last year, our centre depth chart would have been;
Dupont
Dixon
Lammon
Davies

Arguably, Coughler was signed to replace DuPont, and found chemistry on the second line meaning Dixon stayed on the first.

As things stand import numbers remain at 14 but total game day roster is now 20 so we need 6 Brits - so no need for Davies to go anywhere
I think we will go with 10 import forwards with duggan on 4th line with brandt and another grinder as the two imports and the same with waller on the 3rd line, 2 way and one powerforward to protect waller .Leaving top two lines with 3 imports on each.Also guildford will need to strengthen there brit pack with cownie and howlett leaving for clan and dundee.So davies and the rumoured o'connor would be a nice fit for them.

Finny

Without trying to de-rail the topic too much, I’d say Joey was Dupont’s replacement.

Surely when the team was signed last year, our centre depth chart would have been;
Dupont
Dixon
Lammon
Davies

Arguably, Coughler was signed to replace DuPont, and found chemistry on the second line meaning Dixon stayed on the first.
You realise you’ve undone your own argument in that final line?

Coughler replaced DuPont.
Martin has replaced Dixon.

I think we will go with 10 import forwards with duggan on 4th line with brandt and another grinder as the two imports and the same with waller on the 3rd line, 2 way and one powerforward to protect waller .Leaving top two lines with 3 imports on each.Also guildford will need to strengthen there brit pack with cownie and howlett leaving for clan and dundee.So davies and the rumoured o'connor would be a nice fit for them.
That wouldn’t leave room for an import netminder!

moggy#9

If Ben Davies goes back to Guildford, will that mean harewood joining on a full contact, or us finding another Brit from somewhere? I make our 6 bowns, Richardson, batch, Waller, duggan +1

ASHIPP

Don't think Ben is going anywhere? Harewood isn't at a level yet to merit bigger ice time although he does require that to improve his game. Will our 4th line be Davies-Brandt-Duggan with Josh Waller on the 3rd line?

per Friday fingers we would have
10 import forwards + 1 import goalie + 3 import D
Plus
2 Brit forwards + 1 Brit goalie + 3 Brit D
I would offer to keep the Brit line giving us
9 import forward, 1 import goalie and 4 import D
I may be missing something here as I’m only seeing two British Dman??

if davies does leave the only way we can play 4 lines is either sign a brit to replace him or when bowns starts have a brit back up on the bench so we can play 14 imoprts on the ice.when kozun starts bowns would be back up and we would have to lose an import skater and not be able to play 4 lines which is'nt ideal.

Devil94

if davies does leave the only way we can play 4 lines is either sign a brit to replace him or when bowns starts have a brit back up on the bench so we can play 14 imoprts on the ice.when kozun starts bowns would be back up and we would have to lose an import skater and not be able to play 4 lines which is'nt ideal.
No, I originally thought that too a few weeks ago, but a poster corrected me. It doesn't matter who is in net if Bowns and Kozun (or replacement) are dressed, which they both will be, then it's the same number of imports for every game.