Signings Thread - All Teams 2022/23

Wannabe2

Good luck to McNally at the end of the day he needs a job, he can be a loose cannon at times but we knew that when we signed him. Myself I wouldn’t have had a problem with him returning here as I liked him both as a player and as a man, it’s the going to Steelers that is the niggle, but as I say he needs to work. He won’t be the first or the last to go from Devils to Steelers, but at least it’s not the other way around.

Wannabe2

Mike went after Chinny after Nicky had given Mike’s brother Gregg a pasting, they obviously disliked each other from the Racers - Devils days. In fairness Chinny as a local welsh lad would drop the gloves with most, and was most certainly a big game player.

terry hunt

Great call Terry, What a great player Boh was, loved him he didn’t care about anyone but could he drink. Terry put me right if I go wrong, wasn’t he dressed up as spider man to go to a fancy dress party, got pissed and when he got home he was locked out, so proceeded to climb up the drainpipe which then detached from the wall and dropped him in the front garden where he slept that night, then showed up at training as Spider-Man.
He has had more clubs than Tiger Woods.Class player but serious party goer.
he got injured after one of his sessions after falling pissed up.
I dont think Heavey was impressed.
Dont forget one of our greatest "Devils" was Heather our "physio" some great stories and a legend.

Wannabe2

What a real Gem was Heather,lovely lovely lady who would do anything for you. She was a Mother/Physio to those players and spoilt them big time. If heather had a number it would be in the rafters now, great call Terry calling her our greatest Devil, as she was exactly that. R.I.P. young lady.x

Devil94

McNally is a decent signing for any club for their 3rd/4th line, but having him and Connolly looks like overkill. Especially as both had serious injuries last year.

moggy#9

What a real Gem was Heather,lovely lovely lady who would do anything for you. She was a Mother/Physio to those players and spoilt them big time. If heather had a number it would be in the rafters now, great call Terry calling her our greatest Devil, as she was exactly that. R.I.P. young lady.x
At the time of her sad passing I said that the club should have some way to honour people like her, OJ and a number of other people for their contributions to the club. I think that bears reiterating.

Diablo3

Good luck to McNally at the end of the day he needs a job, he can be a loose cannon at times but we knew that when we signed him. Myself I wouldn’t have had a problem with him returning here as I liked him both as a player and as a man, it’s the going to Steelers that is the niggle, but as I say he needs to work. He won’t be the first or the last to go from Devils to Steelers, but at least it’s not the other way around.
The Steelers do seem to like ex Devils players. I guess they have to start somewhere.

hip check

The Steelers do seem to like ex Devils players. I guess they have to start somewhere.
McNally will most certainly have a point to prove to the Devil's hierarchy and fans, plus there is no doubting he is a talented player who is also great at getting under opposition players skins, I think he will definitely drop the gloves against us but with whom I wonder?

Rhyan48

McNally will most certainly have a point to prove to the Devil's hierarchy and fans, plus there is no doubting he is a talented player who is also great at getting under opposition players skins, I think he will definitely drop the gloves against us but with whom I wonder?
McNally was nothing but a bully liked him at 1st but he is just a liability, from reading his interview he is very sour about not been back at the devils and him and fox as both had a pop at the devils but with out saying ! They are more than welcome to him ! Yes can be a good player on the day but he won’t stand a chance dropping them with big lou around good luck

ASHIPP

Just reading McNally's comments in Sheffield Star article online. Apart from the usual clichés and platitude comments that fans want to hear from a new player, some of his statements are interesting.....there is a hint there that he was hoping to return to Devils, then when it was obvious it wasn't going to happen, he looked elsewhere.

There is no doubting his versatility. But also his liability unfortunately. Fox says McNally has a point to prove. That's OK against the Devils....Big Lou will keep him quiet!
McNally says he will carry out any role given to him by his coach. At Devils, he says (sarcastically?), they wanted a 4th liner and he delivered that.
Did he REALLY though? Unfortunately, in the last half of the season, I just saw a player on the 4th line who was going through the motions, looking disinterested and coasting through games. We don't know the reasons for that, but it certainly wasn't the actions of a player trying to impress his coach for a return the next season.

Samael

Did he REALLY though? Unfortunately, in the last half of the season, I just saw a player on the 4th line who was going through the motions, looking disinterested and coasting through games. We don't know the reasons for that, but it certainly wasn't the actions of a player trying to impress his coach for a return the next season.
This sounds like a fair description of Skalde too.

Mooney#16

I think in fairness to McNally he’s just being honest. In his interview he says he started the season well and if we trawled back through the inferno you’d find plenty of comments saying he was one of a few who seemed to be trying. He then took that hand injury and as he says in his own words struggled to establish himself back into a higher line or onto the powerplay as the team got onto a winning streak. He didn’t seem bitter about it and understood.

He is a good player. Great at playing the net front. He does however let himself down with the red mist and isn’t the cleverest ever seen at playing that part of the game? It got even more exposed when Brandt turned up and started bowling balling people without taking penalties. He got under cut in the line up by a first year pro which isn’t good for your prospects of resigning but I wouldn’t have any sour grapes towards McNally. He did his bit but unfortunately he moved down the line up so far he became dispensable.

He’ll play his game for Sheffield which might put him at odds with a few Devils players but that’s what they are paid to do as pro’s so it won’t be personal. It’ll just be interesting what McNally does with Brandt as if he’s hitting a few Steelers about McNally will be tasked with reacting and I can see Brandt drawing plenty of penalties from him and putting his role in a blender.

Samael

Excellent analysis/perspective.

A skillful pantomime villain in other words.

I hope he does well in Sheffield, stays healthy and doesn't try it on with us. As Wannabe said he needs a job at the end of the day.

kingmo19.1

It’s hardly surprising that the form of a player can drop quite significantly when they take a very detailed interest in the watering holes surrounding the Cardiff area!