Six Nations to be played behind closed doors

BostonBart22

I think Mark Drakeford gave us a clue in his statement “ a difficult month ahead “ so Maybe back to normal service in February ?
Hope not as it would be another 5 fixtures behind closed doors, big financial blow to the club, the first fixture in february is on the 11th v flames followed by the 12th panthers, unless things change of course.

moggy#9

The problem is that the fate of the league hinges upon the most restrictive regional rules in the UK. Even if the devils could ride things out, the two weakest clubs financially (fife and dundee) would potentially have to end the season. That could then have a domino effect of ending it for everyone. I'm not optimistic to be honest.

Kevlar68

Wales played away at Twickers when the Mill Stad was being built so it make sense to me, however who would want to attend an event with 82k others drinking and singing spraying covid around
That is completely different situation.
At that time we knew in advance the dates so fans could book hotels, trains, coaches, time off work etc.
These games are being rearranged last minute.
Fans have booked all the rooms up for cardiff based games months in advance.
I myself am in a similar situation, I'm all booked up for Paris 4th-8th to watch France v Italy but due to France travel ban can't travel but flights not been canceled yet so left in limbo with hotel and game tickets, Wales supporters are in same situation.

bb1

Drakeford is completely incompetent. Does he not realise people are just going over the bridge to party and they will keep travelling away to watch sports!!!

I'm sure there are plenty of Devils fans that have travelled to Coventry and Guilford over the festive period. Enough is enough and its time for us all to learn to live with this otherwise we will see this continuing for the next few years.

We all know covid is real but if your not comfortable with going to crowded places and venues.....THEN DON'T.

We can't keep opening, locking down each time there is a surge. Majority have rolled up their sleeves had the jabs yet are being told we can't enjoy our basic freedoms....Enough is enough because there are more people sadly dying from many other causes than covid and that will always be the case.

If this continues in Wales and Scotland then there won't be an EIHL to go back to.

Kevlar68

How did your New Year’s Eve Hard Rock go Kev?
Brilliant and thanks for asking. Food was great. Band were really good and event was well planned.
Covid jab passes needed, tables spaced nicely apart, masks worn when moving around.
Two guys didn't have passes who were in front of us so they were taken off to a room for tests.
Felt safer all around London than in St David's centre yesterday.

Kevlar68

The way I saw it was they were self policing better. Even though infection rates are high the population density is more.
It felt like the people were taking more precautions themselves as they don't want restrictions.
Many wore masks on the street including ourselves, people were trying their best to keep enough distance, businesses were spacing tables out, etc.
We go to London allot and this time had a much different feel about it.
I think Cardiff and Swansea problem is to many are flouting the simple rules, if they stuck by those we may not be under restrictions. Perfect example of our own arena with non masks, in shops and on transport, there must be a hell of allot of exempt people in South Wales.

Last edited:

moggy#9

The way I saw it was they were self policing better. Even though infection rates are high the population density is more.
It felt like the people were taking more precautions themselves as they don't want restrictions.
Many wore masks on the street including ourselves, people were trying they're best to keep enough distance, businesses were spacing tables out, etc.
We go to London allot and this time had a much different feel about it.
I think Cardiff and Swansea problem is to many are flouting the simple rules, if they stuck by those we may not be under restrictions. Perfect example of our own arena with non masks, in shops and on transport, there must be a hell of allot of exempt people in South Wales.
To my mind the main problem is that Drakeford simply doesn't understand human nature. The rules that are in place aren't properly enforced, and it's is extremely easy for people to get around the rules. Things weren't helped by rules that appeared to be completely arbitrary and unworkable in and around the city (5 miles anyone?).

What was needed was a sensible and pragmatic approach to covid UK wide. Both the UK and devolved assemblies have almost completely failed in delivering that.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

To my mind the main problem is that Drakeford simply doesn't understand human nature. The rules that are in place aren't properly enforced, and it's is extremely easy for people to get around the rules. Things weren't helped by rules that appeared to be completely arbitrary and unworkable in and around the city (5 miles anyone?).

What was needed was a sensible and pragmatic approach to covid UK wide. Both the UK and devolved assemblies have almost completely failed in delivering that.
Plus you can walk into any supermarket unchallenged about mask wearing..

The_Puck

This isn’t about the virus anymore. It’s all about politics. It’s all about doing the opposite to boris, just in the off chance the virus becomes out of control in England and Drakeford would come out and say he got it right all along. It’s just a shame because despite seeing what this man has done to the country and businesses and peoples mental health, wales still voted him back into office. I expect us back in the rink in February and will continue with fans for the rest of the season. If the government are paying the costs for the missed revenue on a game night then I have no issue with that front. However if they aren’t in the future then I really think we should start to look at playing maybe in Bristol. Could definitely sell that rink out of season ticket holders

Kevlar68

No matter what anyone does with this virus it will always spike and peak.
Now we have restrictions as soon as they're lifted the idiot assholes will be let loose again and cases will rise again.
There is no win with this unless we get the basics right, the welsh public aren't getting it.

MA18

That is completely different situation.
At that time we knew in advance the dates so fans could book hotels, trains, coaches, time off work etc.
These games are being rearranged last minute.
Fans have booked all the rooms up for cardiff based games months in advance.
I myself am in a similar situation, I'm all booked up for Paris 4th-8th to watch France v Italy but due to France travel ban can't travel but flights not been canceled yet so left in limbo with hotel and game tickets, Wales supporters are in same situation.
I’ve heard an announcement will be made on travel to France by the 15th Jan. sit tight.

Gospel

Some people just dont get the simple rules that if were abided by then the tougher restrictions wouldnt be needed. But they refuse to wear a mask and get arsey when asked about one.

So many people in the UK now have no basic human decency for others and just think they can do as they please and screw the rest, until it comes to something that impacts them then they start bleating and crying over and over.

There should be and should have been much more enforcement of rules from the start of this and maybe we wouldnt be in the position we are in now.

I feel sorry for the people that are impacted by this shitty virus on a daily basis, like the vulnerable through illness or health treatment, the nurses, Drs etc and those that cannot get proper health care as health staff are either off work sick themselves or been moved to cover covid sick patients meaning they cant do their normal daily job.