Standing Area

E.D.S.

Completely embarrassing. I can’t believe this is where we are. I couldn’t give a rats if the players blow kisses to block 13 and bare their bottoms to the rest of us. Give me two points per game and/or 100% effort and you can flick me the V’s at me. Absolutely pathetic that some should be put out by it.
I think this is more a component of the Devils organisation and hierarchy being so accessible and willing to listen to the fan base. For me, this is the downside to that. Every moan and groan is being given air time.

august04

Completely embarrassing. I can’t believe this is where we are. I couldn’t give a rats if the players blow kisses to block 13 and bare their bottoms to the rest of us. Give me two points per game and/or 100% effort and you can flick me the V’s at me. Absolutely pathetic that some should be put out by it.
I think this is more a component of the Devils organisation and hierarchy being so accessible and willing to listen to the fan base. For me, this is the downside to that. Every moan and groan is being given air time.
Very true. I wouldn’t have even dignified those pathetic complainers with any sort of response.

Devil94

Maybe for the next game Todd could organise the players are divided equally between each block, and they can all do a personal wave to everyone in the block.

Maybe a voting system should be set up so the fans can have their favourite player in front of their block.

All waves will be 25 seconds long, to ensure all fans are given the exact same wave and that no one is left out.

Swarley

That's basically it yes. The players did the Bownsy wave with Block 13 and also did a victory lap around the ice.

A handful of people are upset that they missed out on the wave. I'm not making this up either although I honestly wish I was.
Wasn't that they were upset they legit booed lordo and the team because they didn't get what they wanted absolute childish behaviour from adults.

matbur

I know it's a minority and most fans are well-rounded adults, but if you are one of those people who feel so precious about a group of ice-hockey players coming and giving you a clap after they've just been walloped, then please have a word with yourself. You're embarrassing yourself and the entire fan base. Just read Lord's statement, he must be thinking WTF.

Lord has tweeted on twitter that all fans are equal and by no means the players favour block 13 over anyone else.

He has asked all fans to stay humble and appreciate what we have here at Cardiff as it’s a good thing.
Where did the complaint come from to lead to Lordo’s statement?

Diablo3

Oh Dear... Having won a game after being two goals down twice, this is the reaction??? Please Lordo and the players , just ignore this twaddle. We have much more important things to concentrate on.

Earnie

What a sad reaction by some and as kristian says, pathetic. I am not in 13 but they deserve a nod from the team.
Management must despair at times.

Sliput

I know it's a minority and most fans are well-rounded adults, but if you are one of those people who feel so precious about a group of ice-hockey players coming and giving you a clap after they've just been walloped, then please have a word with yourself. You're embarrassing yourself and the entire fan base. Just read Lord's statement, he must be thinking WTF.
Totally this ^^^^

Luckily, everyone it's just a handful of fans but dear me !!!!!

moggy#9

What this situation illustrates is that there will always be fans that find something to criticise. Such people have existed throughout the history of the club, but the internet gives the ill informed, the immature and the hockey semi literate the opportunity to air their views. I hope that the club and the more mature (in attitude as well as years) fans will put these things down to where they come from and move on.

OJLloyd

I was actually otherwise engaged and I missed the whole Twitter furore. I made the mistake of going back to read through it.

The gist of it is that several people (though from names and twitter handles they seem to all sit very close together from what I know) are upset they didn’t get acknowledged by the Devils players after the game. Despite the fact that they did, what they actually meant was they felt entitled to a Bownsy wave and a nod from Lordo.

The level of pathetic whinging by people is so beyond embarrassing as to be concerning. ‘I’ve been a fan since 1986...’ - that’s marvellous. It would have been very difficult for me to support the team then seeing as how I hadn’t been born at that point. Being a long serving fan is entirely and totally irrelevant.

The atmosphere at the arena was, on occasion, a bit flat before and people are putting in physical effort to change that. The players like it. I am sorry to have to inform some people that you having chanted ‘Devils’ four times a game for the last 33 years hasn’t actually made Ben Bowns notice you. You’re just another fan like the rest of us.

If you wish to continue embarrassing yourselves, the club and people who know you by posting stuff publicly criticising a good thing, no problem, but when people call you idiots for it you do not get to be upset.

And the players aren’t your mates to start with, but they certainly won’t be your mates if they see this nonsense, you attention seeking (expletive deleted).

kingmo19.1

Having unfortunately missed a few home games recently due to illness, my first exposure to block 13 was for the Frolunda game. Massive congratulations to all concerned for organising and partaking - it looked fantastic and transforms the atmosphere.

I was wondering if it’s planned to continue with block 13 going forward? I’m bringing a newbie to the Steelers game on 7th Nov and would like to get as close as possible to block 13 if it’s still in place at that time.
Can anyone confirm?
Thanks.

BostonBart22

Having unfortunately missed a few home games recently due to illness, my first exposure to block 13 was for the Frolunda game. Massive congratulations to all concerned for organising and partaking - it looked fantastic and transforms the atmosphere.

I was wondering if it’s planned to continue with block 13 going forward? I’m bringing a newbie to the Steelers game on 7th Nov and would like to get as close as possible to block 13 if it’s still in place at that time.
Can anyone confirm?
Thanks.
cant see anyone in block 13 on the 7th...playing steelers on the 9th and yes this is the next standing block game which was mentioned by todd as the 3 next home games are block bookings for block 13...