Standing Area

Looks like there’s going to be a trail for a loud block at next weeks game against Coventry. It’s going to be in block 13 with the drums being moved there as well as there will be flags and the CHL banners. Tickets should be bought from the top row down. Hopefully as many fans can go to that block for that game and to make as much noise as possible.
Hope this happens

matbur

I'm in favour of giving fans the option, but do the Devils realise they need to be compliant with venue requirements?

Hope I'm wrong, but aren't they jumping the gun a bit here? As I understand it, they simply aren't allowed to have standing where there are seats and they need to some form of barriers, which means removing the entire blocks seating.

I'm no expert but they can't just have people standing between seats.

pjj365

I'm in favour of giving fans the option, but do the Devils realise they need to be compliant with venue requirements?

Hope I'm wrong, but aren't they jumping the gun a bit here? As I understand it, they simply aren't allowed to have standing where there are seats and they need to some form of barriers, which means removing the entire blocks seating.

There are plenty of football grounds where standing is the norm in a seated area. The stewards, who are trained in the law, do not stop this.

In fact enforcing seating throught a game would be impossible.

I have not researched fully but I believe the legislation relates to a ban on providing standing terraces. That is your description of " some form of barrier" which the legislation outlawed.

Also, I stand to be corrected but are there not rinks where "tiered" standing is allowed in the UK?

Overall though Ce!tic FC have, and Shrewsbury FC are seeking, local authority permission for specifically designed, safe, hybrid standing/ seating areas - which in fact supports your argument about some form of barrier.

It is a grey area which I'm sure Todd will explore but in the meantime let's look for the positives to support this initiative.

drainage

We have fans standing in front or behind seats every game granted this is an organised event but if standing was an issue we would have known about it by now surely ? In fact we stand as players skate on , for anthem, for goals scored , as players leave etc ....... longer term I think Todd wants seats gone and barriers installed as we see in Europe .....we shall see

matbur

I'm not qualified on this and am only speaking from my knowledge on football grounds and experience from other events.

I'm pretty sure the standing that you currently see shouldn't really be happening. That's just health and safety, regardless of our own personal views.

With the seats upright/not in use, there's enough room to stand but the problem will be if someone was to fall forward, the elevation between rows will likely be too steep for safe standing and there's nothing protecting the person in front.

I'm not complaining about it or against an organised standing section but worry there's an element of liability that is being overlooked.

Wannabe2

Good on you guys for giving it a crack, 36 more for a gross. 144 Devils fans are equivalent to 3000 city fans, give them hell people.